wassup!

kirisutegomen

New Metal Member
Dec 9, 2008
hi hi!

im kirisutegomen, but you can call me kirisute or just kiri in short form. no, im not japanese. its just that that's the name of one of my favourite songs from a sick ass sounding thrash metal band named trivium.

im from a place called singapore. its in asia, if you look below from china, thailand and malaysia on the map, i'm livin' in that little red dot you see. and im a singaporean chinese, but my language ain't that good, funny huh...

lol anyway, im a metal style guitar player in a progressive rock band but i am a very very influenced by the galloping and riffing sounds of various thrash metal and metalcore bands. my first favourite band is metallica since i was in my early teens and i love alot of their old stuff (from kill em all, ride the lightning and master of puppets) to their newest stuff death magnetic.

other influences would be trivium (im a loyal fan), bullet for my valentine, machine head, iron maiden, megadeth, killswitch engage, as i lay dying, pantera, all that remains, children of bodom and a whole lot more. i hope i can get to hear new stuff while im here. you guys can lemme hear some right?? =)

lastly, i play in a prog rock band called anechoic zero but now currently in songwriting mode and a short hiatus. not famous yet but we will be soon mwehehehe. my gear includes a dean DBD-T ML guitar, a danelectro fab metal distortion unit, a boss od-20 overdrive/distortion and a ds-1 unit, and a marshall mg-cdr15 practice amp.

im currently working as a K-9 handler in the army, and will be soon ending my 2 year contract in 3 months, after that i will pursuing architectural and civil engineering studies. but my passion for metal never dies! \m/

yups thats about me. see you all soon =)

you play in a prog rock band and your influence is bullet for my valentine?

well, its not a big influence but i still like that band. anyway, my prog rock band doesnt really have any genre preferences. all of us in the band come from diverse musical likings and backgrounds as well. my rhythm player is influenced by coldplay and my vox is a post hardcore enthusiast.

so it really doesnt matter. but our songwriting is more towards coheed and cambria's style.