Watch IRON MAIDEN Play Soccer Again Indianapolis's INDY ELEVEN

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Members of IRON MAIDEN and crew took on representatives for the Indianapolis soccer team Indy Eleven in a friendly game Friday afternoon (August 23) in Westfield, Indiana. MAIDEN bassist Steve Harris, an avid soccer fan, told WISH TV that he and some of his bandmates and crew members "try and play a game every six to seven days" while on tour. "We've lost a few," he said. "We won last week, but we've lost a few so far. We've been playing some really good sides." According to Harris, he doesn't "really train" for the soccer matches. "I've got a bit of an injury at the moment, so I don't want to train too much before," he said. IRON MAIDEN ended up losing to Indy Eleven. Harris said in a 2012 interview that he had given up playing soccer — for the most part. He explained at the time: "I've had so many problems with my back that I can only play the odd match here or there. Unfortunately, it's five years since I've played a full season of football and that's something that I miss a lot. But I had to make a decision. I play a lot of tennis." IRON MAIDEN kicked off the 33-city North American leg of "Legacy Of The Beast" on July 18 at the BB&T Center in Sunrise, Florida.

Continue reading...