Watch METALLICA Perform 'Hardwired' Songs In First-Ever BBC Session

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
METALLICA last week visited London, England's Maida Vale Studios to lay down their first-ever BBC session. The California thrash metal veterans delivered a five-song in-studio performance for BBC Radio 1's "Rock Show With Daniel P. Carter". The band performed the following tracks: * Atlas, Rise! * Moth Into Flame * Harvester Of Sorrow * Hardwired * Enter Sandman Video footage of the Atlas, Rise!" and "Hardwired" performances is available below. The entire session can be heard at BBC.co.uk. The session also included a brief interview with the four members of METALLICA where James Hetfield talked about the evolution of his lyric-writing approach. "I want to mature, I want to be happier in life — I think everyone kinda does — [and] at some point I had to turn around and embrace that anger that has been with me since youth," he said. "What I get to do is use it as a tool; I get to use music as a voice... to get whatever's spinning in my head out." According to music industry web site Hits Daily Double, METALLICA's new studio album, "Hardwired... To Self-Destruct", is likely to sell between 250,000 and 270,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release. The SPS figure is expected to be between 260,000 and 280,000. SPS, a practice used by Billboard magazine, stands for "sales plus streaming," which includes album sales and converted track sales plus converted streaming data. For those interested: 10 tracks sold equal one album sale (since $1.29, the cost for an individual track, multiplied by ten gives you $12.99, a common price for an album, and 1,500 streams is equivalent to one album sale. "Hardwired… To Self-Destruct" arrived on November 18. It consists of two discs, containing a dozen songs and nearly 80 minutes of music.

Continue reading...