Watch OZZY OSBOURNE Join POST MALONE And TRAVIS SCOTT For 'Take What You Want' Performance...

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Ozzy Osbourne joined Post Malone and Travis Scott on stage at the 2019 American Music Awards Sunday night (November 24) to perform Post's hit song "Take What You Want". Malone opened the performance solo with a rendition of "Circles" before enlisting Osbourne and Scott for the "Hollywood's Bleeding" album track, with Ozzy sitting perched on a chair for much of the song. "Take What You Want", which debuted on the Billboard Hot 100 chart at No. 8, marked Osbourne's first Hot 100 top 10 in over 30 years, as the BLACK SABBATH singer broke the record for the most time between top 10s in the chart's 61-year history. The 2019 American Music Awards, hosted by Ciara, are airing live from the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles on ABC. One of Post's producers, Andrew Watt connected with Osbourne after meeting Ozzy's daughter Kelly at a friend's party and pitching her on the idea of Post and Ozzy collaborating together. In an interview with The Sun, Ozzy credited the Post Malone collaboration with getting him "off his arse." The singer, who was left in intensive care earlier this year after a fight with pneumonia, explained: "I'd never even heard of this kid. He wanted me to sing on his song 'Take What You Want', so I did and then one thing led to another. I started recording a new album with Post Malone's producer Andrew Watt. It's only nine tracks but it was a catalyst to get me to where I am today. "If it wasn't for making this record, I would still be on traction, thinking, 'I'm going to be lying here forever.' I've missed music so badly. My fans are so loyal and so good. Up until making the album, I thought I was dying. But that got me off my arse."

It got hot at Ozzy Osbourne’s and Post Malone’s #AMAs performance! #ozzyosbourne #postmalone pic.twitter.com/Zdkr2jMOXx

— Pop Newsroom (@PopNewsroom) November 25, 2019

Continue reading...