Watch TESTAMENT's ALEX SKOLNICK Perform U.S. National Anthem At CHICAGO BULLS Vs. DETROIT...

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
TESTAMENT and METAL ALLEGIANCE guitarist Alex Skolnick performed the U.S. national anthem last night (Friday, November 1) as the Chicago Bulls battled the Detroit Pistons at the United Center in Chicago, Illinois. Fan-filmed video footage of the performance can be seen below. Early today, Skolnick tweeted a photo from the United Center and wrote in an accompanying caption: "Played our National Anthem last night for the Chicago Bulls, Detroit Pistons, proud US Service members and a packed house of all backgrounds, persuasions etc, all of us - as befitting the name of the arena - UNITED Still taking it all in (More soon including vids...)" A televised performance of the MILES DAVIS ELECTRIC BAND in the late '90s led Skolnick to New York City, where he immersed himself in the jazz world. For the past decade and a half, Skonick has led a double life as a member of TESTAMENT, the seminal thrash metal band he joined at the age of 16. A year ago, the ALEX SKOLNICK TRIO — comprised of Skolnick, bassist Nathan Peck and drummer Matt Zebroski — released "Conundrum", its first album since 2011. On returning to jazz with his trio for the first time in a number of years, the TESTAMENT guitarist noted: "These days I still love playing screaming, loud guitar and heavy metal, though I don't think I'm going to be one of these guys who's past social-security age and in a rock band and touring. But I can see myself doing these songs with the trio for many years to come."

Played our National Anthem last night for the Chicago Bulls, Detroit Pistons, proud US Service members and a packed house of all backgrounds, persuasions etc, all of us - as befitting the name of the arena - UNITED ??? Still taking it all in (More soon including vids...) pic.twitter.com/sI7ZresUG4

— Alex Skolnick (@AlexSkolnick) November 2, 2019
To quote Bill; FUCK YES!!! NOW THATS HOW YOU DO THE NATIONAL ANTHEM ??? Alex Skolnick of @testament ROCKED the National Anthem tonight! #BullsNation @chicagobulls @AlexSkolnick Posted by Michele Moroney Johansen on Friday, November 1, 2019​

Continue reading...