Watch this video - I'm looking for similar bands

Diabolius

Epic Member
Sep 4, 2006
Just as the topic title says, please have a look and post your recommendations.

Last edited by a moderator:
nice...piano version of Dechristianize...
Emperor - Prometheus - The Discipline Of Fire And Demise
Amon Amarth - With Oden On Our Side
Amon Amarth - Versus The World
Amon Amarth - Once Sent From The Golden Hall
Bloodbath - Resurrection Through Carnage
Bloodbath - Nightmares Made Flesh
Amorphis - Tales From The Thousand Lakes
Opeth - Still Life
Vital Remains - Dechristianize (The Vital Remains song on here is the title track)

in before massive lists

Thanks a lot, nice recommendations, espacially the old Amorphis ^^

Yea, I made the video, so I already have everything of Opeth, Dan Swanö & Vital Remains. ;)

To be specific I'm not looking for Bands which are similar to the bands in the video but similar to the sound of those excerpts. (Meaning: same growling style, etc.)

oh, ok...
in that case, I still recommend most of that...
Mikael Akerfeldt actually does vocals on Bloodbath - Resurrection through Carnage. Fantastic album - generic but extremely high quality groovy death.
The Emperor thing is similar in style to the behemoth, only way, way better.
Amon Amarth is great melodic death with excellent growls.

oh, ok...
in that case, I still recommend most of that...
Mikael Akerfeldt actually does vocals on Bloodbath - Resurrection through Carnage. Fantastic album - generic but extremely high quality groovy death.
The Emperor thing is similar in style to the behemoth, only way, way better.
Amon Amarth is great melodic death with excellent growls.

Thanks again ^^
Bloodbath is going to release a new mini-album, again with mikael akerfeldt, yay! If it becomes as great as resurrection.. my wish would come true =)

Amon Amarth improved a lot, imho. Some say "With Oden..." sounds more mainstream, but I actually think it sounds more epic.

I only possess 1 album of Emperor. I don't like Isahn's vocals, it's too black metal like (obviously). It doesn't have this corny sound like in the excerpts of the video above.

Please keep posting.

^ Prometheus is different style. It's more of a mix of death and black metal influences, hard to place. Real flair for the epic. Vocals, music, and production totally different from previous Emperor stuff

Promotheus is more like extreme gothic black-ish/prog metal. It is like an actually good Cradle Of Filth with more diverse influences. Recommended, but it's not that great imo. You'd probably like it however.

Try out Godless Rising, also. Members of Vital Remains.

I'd suggest Demonoid, Death,....a rarely mentioned band from France, "Yyrkoon"....albums unhealthy Opera and Occult Medicine.

How about some Old Mans Child, too? Return of the Night Creatures!!!!!

I'm with the Demonoid if you're looking for epic death metal. Kristian Niemann's guitar playing brings a really melodic/epic feel to the music.

^I take it Yrkoon are named after the antagonist in the Elric novels by Moorcock?