Watchtower COVERS ???

Yeah, we did that song on the first "real" show we did (in 96?). We didn't have many songs at that time so we had to pick a couple of cover tunes (think we did a song by Manitou as well). "Mayday" is a really cool song to play! I think I have a really distorted recording of it on MD (sound guy messed up). I could have had a video recording of it too if the camera didn't break down in the last minute... Oh, hehe, I have a video of it from the rehearsal studio... And, NO, I won't dupe it to anyone. Maybe it will end up on a DVD in 10 years... Who knows...

BTW - if someone have live video/audio recordings of Spiral Architect please contact me. I'd like to get copies for possible future releases.

- Asgeir

@ jimbo: A video is in the mail to you! Not! hehe. We're going to work on some tunes in July or August!

@ dime: The song is really not that complex. It's always like that when learning cover tunes (had the same problem with Borknagar and Testament). Of course there's some difficult shit in there but the structure is pretty standard.

- Asgeir

asgeir said:
Of course there's some difficult shit in there but the structure is pretty standard.

of course that is one of the simpliest in control and resistance....but the arrangements (expecially rythmically) are damn strange...drumming is crazy in that tune...as always in watchtower...

but i am talikin' to asgeir not to an ordinary drummer...

:D

Amazing Asgeir, really interesting to know there's something happening with Spiral Architect. The news that all tech-geekz fans were waiting for hehe. I heard a rumour you were working in a new tech band called Decode, is that right? could you tell us a little more? hehee

I don't think there's nobody owning any SA videos... I've been looking for them since years!!! and no one has any... :-( just the clips in your website. I hope those vidz you have could be released anytime... when I get married or something like this :pPP
By the way, are ya accepting interviews right now? I've been thinking about an interview to my radio website and fanzine.

I don't think colaluca is playing right now... anyway, the drum camera of the vhs that J. McMaster is selling is AWESOME. I recommend it to ya... that man really rules.

well... that's all for now i think...