WATERCLIME - PROG/FOLK/ETC FANS HEARRR MEEEEE

MFJ

Jan 20, 2004
Behind the mist.
“The Astral Factor” is the stunning new album from WATERCLIME, a new project led by Vintersorg main man “Mr V”. Combining the very best elements of traditional progressive and symphonic rock filtered through a Nordic mind with Scandinavian folk tones and at times a jazzy ambient atmosphere. The Astral Factor yields a highly individualistic sound that will appeal to a wide cross section of rock fans. "

Holy fuck im excited...,r'qrh;oauht;aou36 ITS OUT TODAY

JayKeeley said:
Hang on. Doesn't that description also fit "Visions..." and "Focusing Blur"?

no... maybe if you added the phrases "black(ish) metal" and "harsh vocals" to it. This doesn't sound like typical new Vintersorg.

Hmmmm I wonder who does the drums on this album. Maybe it's actually Vintersorg, because there's no mention of anyone else (and this doesn't sound like a drum machine). Maybe it is, I'll listen some more today.

MFJ said:
Hmmmm I wonder who does the drums on this album. Maybe it's actually Vintersorg, because there's no mention of anyone else (and this doesn't sound like a drum machine). Maybe it is, I'll listen some more today.

According to this review, it is Vintersorg: http://www.seaoftranquility.org/reviews.php?op=showcontent&id=3141

Heard the opening track just now, there are some missteps but overall I like it more than most of the last Vintersorg album.