Waterclime - The Astral Factor

JonnyD

Chef Metal
Jun 4, 2002
The Metal Kitchen
www.myspace.com
“The Astral Factor” is the stunning new album from WATERCLIME, a new project led by Vintersorg main man “Mr V”. Combining the very best elements of traditional progressive and symphonic rock filtered through a Nordic mind with Scandinavian folk tones and at times a jazzy ambient atmosphere. The Astral Factor yields a highly individualistic sound that will appeal to a wide cross section of rock fans. ... http://www.lionmusic.com/waterclime.htm

Prog Rock Fans should check this one out!

mms://media.metalexpress.no/metalexpress/sound/jukebox/Waterclime%20-%20Mountains.wma

I've got a bunch of Vintersorg mp3s, and the man is a gifted songwriter. I really like symphonic elements. I totally dig folk music. This sounds like it might fit my tastes nicely. I'd listen to the song sample, but it's a no-go on dial up. My satellite internet can't get here fast enough!

NP: Circus Maximus - 1st Chapter

Trans-Siberian Outcast said:
I've got a bunch of Vintersorg mp3s, and the man is a gifted songwriter. I really like symphonic elements. I totally dig folk music. This sounds like it might fit my tastes nicely. I'd listen to the song sample, but it's a no-go on dial up. My satellite internet can't get here fast enough!

NP: Circus Maximus - 1st Chapter

If you like the Vintersorg I think you will love this!!! I am pretty sure he doesnt growl at all on this one!!! I have it irdered so I will let you know!!! ... I really like Vintersorg!!! I own pretty much every album he has made :D

I couldn't access the sample either. My only concern will be the vocals, JD tried to got me into Vintersorg but the harsh vocals draw me away.

If this goes more into the pure prog rock arena I'll be very eager to check it out.

JonnyD said:
Wyvern as far as I know and I am actually positive of this there is no Growling on this album its way closer to 70's prog! I think you will love it!

Astounding bro, then I'll definitively go to check it. Nowdays it's difficult to get (for my taste) true prog bands that not attempt to be mere DT clones or that believe that being prog is a compilation of weird sounds and odd signatures (to me that's wankery).

Wyvern said:
Astounding bro, then I'll definitively go to check it. Nowdays it's difficult to get (for my taste) true prog bands that not attempt to be mere DT clones or that believe that being prog is a compilation of weird sounds and odd signatures (to me that's wankery).

I think you are gonna really dig this one! it will certainly be your favorite Vintersorg work ;) i can tell ya from what I heard on the sample Uriah Heap is a big influence and it doesnt even remotely sound like DT :D

Ah, yes, the growling. That's the main reason I never actually bought any Vintersorg albums. I love his songwriting, but I've little tolerance for growling. The mp3s were good enough since I seldom listen to it.

No growling = :hotjump: I'll be adding this one to my wishlist, JD!