Wave Arts Tube Saturator

colonel kurtz

Sep 7, 2006
http://wavearts.com/products/plugins/tube/

i read a review on this in the latest tapeop the other day...sounds like an amazingly crazy plugin, but almost unusable due to CPU usage issues...anyone here have any experiences with it so far? i'm thinking of checking out the demo, but i'm not even sure my PC will run 1 instance of it...

I have it. Use it on vocal bus and drum buss, sounds amazing, but thinking about the soundtoys saturator (can't remember the name)

I use a psp saturator, very lovely plugin. Definately beefs up any signal. I use it on bass and guitar tracks. Came in a bundle that was pretty cheap, I also use the bass boost plugin also.

I don't think we're in the right era for plug-ins like this. I usually opt for Soundtoys Decapitator, URS Saturation or iZotope Trash for my grit needs. Nebula also has some awesome preamp drive programs you can use, at less of a hit.

I don't think we're in the right era for plug-ins like this

in the tapeop review i read, the reviewer asked the developers how long they thought it would be until your average computer could run a guitar amp sim using their modeling - answer was around 5 years :erk:

times like this i hate still having a single core CPU