WAVES Non-Linear Summing Plugin

Interesting. Maybe worth the 249,-.. will trial as soon as I got my cubase 6 upgrade.
V9 isn't compatible with 4.5 anymore. It works, but only without the GUI. So everything is there, but difficult to oversee.

Judging from a couple of in-use videos floating around, it sounds much less subtle (for better or worse) than VCC. The "drive" function has a much larger range and the VCA groups seem easier to deal with. Also, they've actually modeled individual channels (32 for each model) so you can have slight alterations from channel to channel. I rarely use the VCC channel plug because I'm not in love with how it sounds, but the choice of 96 (32x3) slightly different channel variations vs. VCC's 4 sounds pretty appealing (if not a bit intimidating).

Gonna hold off on the demo until I have a day or two open to play with it, but it definitely looks promising (plus I'm a sucker for this stuff).

This looks like it could be a winner, especially coming from Waves. VCC is incredibly subtle for me, so this could be the perfect alternative. Very excited to hear some mixes with this.

I have been keen to get VCC. I did not think it was all that subtle either, from the demos I have heard round. This will be interesting to compare now though... damn it lol.

Tried it on a recent session. And I must say it is FUCKING BLOWING MY MIND! I realy dig Neve emulation the most, it adds this fantastic richness and bottom and it even pleasantly effects the stereo image a bit! And compresses the mix on the 2bus in a realy good analog way! SSL emu is a bit dirty but certainly usable in some situations, EMI is not my cup of tea and I guess is aimed on a more vintage production styles. Try it out! IMHO it kills VCC

TDM is meant to be both native and TDM
2 Ermz: I find SSL emu to be dirty and distorting realy fast if I use it on lots of tracks and on busses, it adds that gritty harsh top end with unnatural distortion, Neve is cleaner and has a real magic happening. Played with EMI more precisely and it is also good but more dark sounding and is also dangerous in distortion to have it throe all the tracks.

I've been very happy lately with the Trident model in Slate VCC, more so than Brit4k (Trident is a bit more "hi fi" sounding in the overheads.) Curious to hear how Waves NLS compares - the idea of individually modeled channels is brilliant. I will have to demo this soon.

For the ones who already tried it, how is it going CPU wise ?
Since today, I've always used Nebula CLC and/or VBC offline on every track + 1 instance on the 2bus, so I hope this thing won't kill my CPU :D

Ermz, since you own Nebula with AlexB CLC and Slate VCC, I'm very interested to hear your opinion about this new one.

But even when I talk about distortion in SSL model it is subtle and not so obvious as it is in other console emulation plugins out there! And it is great!
Speaking about CPU they are not so heavy as nebula programs could be, something close to vcc even less on my machine, in my session I loaded 64 mono instances of NLS track plugs and 12 stereo busses + master buss and it hit about 25-28% in Cubase on my iMac i7-2600 3.4GHZ

BTW I had an issue trying to demo it in my PT9 the plugins crash Pro Tools, both mono or stereo instances of track or buss plugins crash pro tools

Make sure you are using it in ProTools 9.0.5 - 10.0.1. These were the versions we tested extensively and qualified for Waves V9. If that doesn't fix it give our tech team a shout at 865-909-9200 extension 1