Waves of Visually Kicking My Decaying Ass

Dolamite S. Biffle

Biffliest Person Ever
May 2, 2005
Atlantis
OMG!! I dont know what I have been missing with Communic. I for whatever reason listened to a sample off their first album and didnt care for it, but then I got recommended their new and it was supposed to blow the first one out of the water so I took a chance.

Holy shit does this album slay!! :OMG:

I cant believe there havent been more threads about getting these guys to come. Once I got to track 7 "At Dewy Prime" I was just so floored I couldnt believe it. That track made this album easily one of the best to come out this year.

Also I thought I read somewhere Zod doesnt like them that much, which I totally dont understand since Zod likes Nevermore (right?). The bnads almost might as well be one in and of the same (at least I think that is the saying) with Communic being more Proggy I think anyway.

So what does everyone think about them in a 1 or 2 slot?

I like Communic and I wouldn't mind seeing them at ProgPower, but I'll be the first to admit that when I first heard them, they bored the hell out of me so I can see how some people would be turned off by them. I still think they're a great band though.

Also I thought I read somewhere Zod doesnt like them that much, which I totally dont understand since Zod likes Nevermore (right?). The bnads almost might as well be one in and of the same (at least I think that is the saying) with Communic being more Proggy I think anyway.
That was part of my problem with them. With their debut, their similarity to Nevermore was a bit overwhelming. They've distanced themselves a bit with "Waves". It's a disc I've been on the fence with for a while. I keep waiting for that my moment where it clicks and I think, "F**k, these guys slay." That hasn't happened yet. However, your post has inspired me to crank this up again (listening as I type). So maybe this will be the time it clicks.

So what does everyone think about them in a 1 or 2 slot?
I'm seeing them at Wacken in August, so I don't care if they don't get picked by Glenn. That said, I think they'd fit perfectly.

Zod

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ... Could care less. I thought their first album was terrible. That said, I didn't even bother with the second.

I'm not a Nevermore fan and when everyone was drawing the comparisons, i knew i should have stayed away.

I have seen them on PP Europe this year and they were great! I like both albums but Like 'Waves' a lot better than the debut!