Waves plugins slowing down my meters...

In order for ANY waves product to work properly you always have to have your machine up to date with the latest drivers for every piece of hardware on your machine. Putting the 'Latest drivers" on when you first install a piece of hardware and then never updating again doesn't cover it. Most companies who release new hardware offer new drivers for their product every 30 to 90 days. you should check the websites for ALL of your hardware at the very least once a month.

An even better idea would be to SIGN UP FOR UPDATES!!! That way every time a new driver is released they tell you via email.

As a PC tech I can tell you 99.9% of all PC problems are caused by people not updating Drivers, Windows Update, or Anti-Virus. A PC requires maintenance and if you dont keep upwith said maintenance it will fall apart. Same with guitars and tube amps, I really would hate to see some of your guys guitars and amps and the condition then are in solely based off of how often you guys update and maintain your PC's .... ughhh the rest of all of your gear must look like a train wreck ;)

as stated above, i got a very old (4 or 5 years :tickled:) graphic card and i solved the problem by switching to a different driver. i don´t even think it was the appropriate one for the card but it worked.
don´t know why waves changed anything at all ´cause the plugins look the same as in the older versions which ran without any problems.

so you don´t need the newest high tech card to run these plugins obviously. just get the right driver.

Ah, ok!
I'm really one of those people:lol:

Never thought that a DAW really challenges a gra card, but good to know.

Now I'm set for the next years, anyways...

(I know cutting proon needs a lot of graphic card power, though);)

I take that back, same as before.
The strange thing is that it runs as smoothly as all other plugs when I've rebooted, but if I restart Cubase it goes to lag city again.