Waves SSL/Mastering. Your thoughts?

mburton21

Oct 7, 2009
Hey guys, I have some cash saved up and I'd really like to help out my plugin situation. I'm running Pro Tools M-Powered 8 at the moment with a Profire 2626 and I already own Ozone 4 (yes I did buy it, no torrents here!).

So I am wondering if those who have spent the cash on the SSL or Mastering bundle have thought it to be well worth the money.

The SSL G-Channel and EQ look pretty amazing, however I already have the Renaissance plugin set (Musician's Bundle 2).

Any input would be awesome, thanks for your time.

Mike

the ssl stuff will be a great addition to what you already have. not only for the G buss compressor, but for the eq's as well...is definitely a no regret purchase. if you have the money, buy it. if you don't and just need to master, Ozone 4 is pretty much all you need.

Hmm $399, eh? I'll check out the demo for sure.

@Pipaguapique- I've heard great things about the SSL 4000 especially the G-channel strip. I don't need it JUST to master though as Ozone kicks balls for that, however the G bus compressor would be a nice tool.

Anyone have much experience with the Waves SSL?

I just bought the waves ssl bundle and it is INCREDIBLE! It's taking my mixes to a whole different level.

The Waves SSL master bus comp, channel comp, and eq are all very useful. I say use those in combination with ozone's multiband comp and limiter for mastering. Don't bother with the Waves limiters.

Thanks, I've bought the SSL pack and it's blowing me away.

+1 to the limiters being "pumpy", my friend has the L2 and I really don't enjoy it on the master.