Wax, Vinyl, Record, Platter, 33/45: The Thread

lurch70

Sep 27, 2002
NYC
dedicated to the greatest format ... still

I currently own 1: DorDeDuh ep ... personally signed for me.

what should I buy next? (mind you I don't own a player)

i borrowed this from my parents awhile ago

b_gadda_da_vida.jpg

dedicated to the greatest format ... still

I currently own 1: DorDeDuh ep ... personally signed for me.

what should I buy next? (mind you I don't own a player)

:lol:

Reminds me of when I [fanboi]bought the special 2LP edition of Agalloch's The Mantle[/fanboi] even though I didn't even own a turntable.

i really wouldn't mind setting up a small audio rig just about now ... but no moolah nor space at the moment for such selfish desires.

I am slumming on the booze padre ... I buy 5 bottles for the price of 1 Ken or Krig buys.

animal-collective-animal-crack-box-2009.jpg

My prize possession. Animal Collective 3xLP of live rarities from their early noise days, including a bunch of tracks never heard before, limited to 1,000 pressings. Bought it for $300 from a real chill bro. Easily worth more than that. It will never come CLOSE to a stylus, I can tell you that much (though I gots the rip).

i have some very nice things on vinyl, let's list some of my nice things on vinyl (because it's been AGES since i last got to brag about my record collection)

agalloch "pale folklore" wooden box edition, 60 copies (and also everything else)
empyrium "a wintersunset" double picture vinyl gatefold
tiamat "a winter shadow" 7"
dark tranquillity "a moonclad reflection" 7"
bathory "hammerheart" original gatefold press
strid "nattevandring/det hviskes blant sorte vinder" 7"
tiamat "sumerian cry" original press lp
the very nice re-releases on kyrck of ved buens ende, thorns, in the woods...
taake "bjoergvin" orig lp
both ordog (uk) lps
a few nice fields of the nephilim 12" singles: "burning the fields", "blue water", "psychonaut", "for her light", "sumerland"
sólstafir "black death" 7" (i guess this is pretty kult by now since people actually care about the band these days)
unleashed "revenge" and "the utter dark" 7"s
candlemass "nimis/rock 'n' roll" 7" (hows this for obscure)

the #1 on my wantlist has been for a number of years: skepticism "towards my end" 7" -- quite impossible to find

anywayz...

i suggest you buy all these

np

for the record (pun intended) I do have 2 crates of LPs from the 60's and 70's with big band, jazz and some rock that my stepdad used to spin. it's in storage at one of my friends homes somewhere.
was scouring ebay last night trying to put a super cool, Erik G style, hipster, budget music system together.