Waylander Confirmed

Bloodstock

Sep 9, 2002
www.bloodstock.uk.com
The first band confirmed for 2003 is Waylander from Ireland.

Keeping with the Celtic theme with the past 2 festivals, Waylander will appeal to all those into Return to the Sabbat, Primordial, Skyclad and Elvenking !

Plus, these guys have been very patient in wanting to do the festival since 2001 !, AND were on standby this year should Elvenking have not appeared! So who better to welcome than:

WAYLANDER!

As an Irish person I have to say get all of them :)

But I really like Reawakening Pride Once Lost. Haven't listened to the new CD enough. Will be seeing them in about a month at the Glenside Metal Meeting in Ireland so I'll let ya know what the new stuff sounds like.

I've just checked out some brief soundclips and now I'm looking forward to seeing them. They're don't have my favourite vocal style but musically they seem very skilled and I'm sure they'll be well received next year:)

Anyone in Ireland, get down to the Glenside Metal Meeting in Killeshin, Co. Carlow on 26th Oct... 12 bands on 2 stages, with Waylander, Cruachan, Primordial, Mourning Beloveth, Old Season, Carnún Rising, Hexxed, Honey for Christ, The Swarm, Primal Dawn, Diphtheria and Kingdom (their last ever gig!)... buses are going from Dublin, Belfast, Galway, Cork, Tullamore, Drogheda... contact glensidemetalmeeting@hotmail.com for more info...

I've downloaded a one minute long sound clip from their website and they sound pretty cool, heavy and folky! I think I'll like them when they play live, but the tune in the sample I heard seemed a bit repetitive... but that probably will not matter on the day as I'll be pissed and jigging away!

Greetings. I'm Fearghal, one of the guitarists in Waylander. We're really looking forward to sharing our music with the Bloodstock crowd.
We are currently putting together material for the new album which should see a summer release,definitely before Bloodstock03.

Fergus, I used to run a webzine called Attitude and I came to see and interview you guys in Glasgow on your first trip over to the mainland. Spoke to Michael and Ciaran I think. You guys were cool and shared your Bucky with me. Hope you guys are all doing well.

Having read reviews of Waylander, and being a fan of Elvenking and Primordial, and I'm sure I'd be a fan of Skyclad if I could just get round to buying some of their stuff, I've decided getting an album of theirs would be a good move.

So, I decided on that one, Reawakening Pride Once Lost, but I can't find anywhere to buy it! None of my usual stockists seem to have it, so can anyone tell me where I may be able to get my hands on a copy?

The only chance of getting Reawakening Pride Once Lost is to contact Century Media directly, the German office would be best.

The second album The Light, the Dark and the Endless Knot, is available from PHD, and is in places like hmv.