Ways to get a website highly ranked in search engines.

Nate The Great

What would Nathan do?
May 10, 2002
www.ultimatemetal.com
So how do I do it? I've read a lot of stuff on this subject, but getting reciprocal links is time consuming. Does anybody have any other ideas I need to be looking into?

The only guaranteed way is doing it with services like Google AdWords or Overture from Yahoo ... be prepared to budget some money monthly for these services.
use these services if you want guaranteed top ranking literally the same day.

Doing it yourself, will not guarantee you anything and is definetelly more work than your time should be worth.
Also, reciprocal links are fine and work somewhat, but again do not guarantee high rankings and usually take months for them to even take effect.

Look around in AdWords and play with keyword combinations ... if you are serious about the business you do on the site, budget like $100-$200 monthly and see what customer response you get.

Also optimize your site (SEO) using clean code (CSS driven, XHTML), proper keyword META tagging, titles, smartly write your code to have a good opening paragraph which uses high interest keywords within it. I actually bought a book I am about to go through that has a ton of stuff, bought from sitepoint.com (great resource).

Buy AdWords, write clean markup, keep visual styling out of your markup and within stylesheets, buy AdWords, don't spam keywords, make sure you have relevant search terms in your <title> and <h1> elements, buy AdWords, don't spam keywords.

Yes, I need to look into this myself! What are some links to Yahoo and Google to get my site ranked? Thanks all!!!!

This is the Google one:
https://adwords.google.com/select/main?cmd=Login&sourceid=AWO&subid=US-ET-ADS&hl=en_US

and here is the Yahoo one:
http://searchmarketing.yahoo.com/

you are in full control of both these marketing techniques, from keyword research to budgeting to reporting ... if you spend a few minutes a day reviewing your results via a Member Control Panel you can have some successful results.

have a few clients that use both of these succesfully with good returns. of course you have to have some decent advertising budget to get going ... but you know, as the old saying goes ... "you have to spend money to make money"

I bought these two programs to help me get reciprocal links and to optimize my website. I'm a complete beginner, and I use Microsoft Frontpage to design. I know very little about HTML, so these programs SEEM to be very helpful to me. I guess I'll find out in a few months.

http://www.axandra.com/

There are TONS of reciprocal link programs and SEO programs, but these seemed to be the most legitimate.

Who knows, though . . . I might have just wasted my money.

those kind of programs are OK and so are reciprocal links ... they work.

BUT

they donot guarantee anything, top ranking in searches, or even if you will actually show up in searches. not to mention they take months to work properly and for the search engines to spider you.

the only guaranteed ways to get top ranking literally in hours after you setup is the programs above.

I love the MSN search engine, and I hate Google and Yahoo.

Using a certain keyword that pertains to my site, MSN brings my site up at the #2 position. I've only had it online for 2 weeks. Google and Yahoo don't bring it up unless I type in the URL. Fuck them!

It appears that each search engine crawls my site once a week. My site is updated sometime Sunday night in Google's cache. I don't know about the other two search engines.

More on these exciting events later.:lol: