we finally had our "headbanger's ball" in Canada, well... sorta

AsModEe

also known as ass-mode
Feb 13, 2004
Québec City
It's a top 5 show called "D-Stroy". I listened to its first 2 weeks... not a bad start, here are some of the stuff they played

"Children of Bodom - In your Face"
"Nile - Sacrifice unto Sebek" (is that the correct title? still fucking great!)
"Kamelot - The Haunting" (GAY ALERT)
"Unearth - something black earth" (I actually enjoyed this!)
"Trivium - gunshot to the head of trepidation" (not too bad)

then at the end of the show, we have an "old school" video. 2 weeks ago we had Motorhead, last week we had Napalm Deatho_O

AsModEe said:
It's a top 5 show called "D-Stroy". I listened to its first 2 weeks... not a bad start, here are some of the stuff they played

"Children of Bodom - In your Face"
"Nice - Sacrifice unto Sebek" (is that the correct title? still fucking great!)
"Kamelot - The Haunting" (GAY ALERT)
"Unearth - something black earth" (I actually enjoyed this!)
"Trivium - gunshot to the head of trepidation" (not too bad)

then at the end of the show, we have an "old school" video. 2 weeks ago we had Motorhead, last week we had Napalm Deatho_O

In your face... :ill:

Nile rules. That's the right title (I assume that the band name misspelling was a mistake) check out Annihaltion of the Wicked. It has that song on it and everything else on the CD is amazing.

I like Kamelot personally, kind of "gay" but I love queen so fuck me in the ass and call me shirley.

Unearth is from Boston. tr00! Although I never actually listen to them... :Spin:

We shall not speak of Tr****m again. Understood?

Sinister Mephisto said:
In your face... :ill:

Nile rules. That's the right title (I assume that the band name misspelling was a mistake) check out Annihaltion of the Wicked. It has that song on it and everything else on the CD is amazing.

I like Kamelot personally, kind of "gay" but I love queen so fuck me in the ass and call me shirley.

Unearth is from Boston. tr00! Although I never actually listen to them... :Spin:

We shall not speak of Tr****m again. Understood?
ahah I can't believe I wrote "nice" instead of Nile. I already have Annihilation of the wicked btw, I bought it the week it was released.

AsModEe said:
ahah I can't believe I wrote "nice" instead of Nile. I already have Annihilation of the wicked btw, I bought it the week it was released.

Amazing album too. Flick over to Neil K's thread about Jeff doing a guest spot, and he talk about Nile's drummer doing a side project that Neil himself has been working on. It sounds pretty interesting.

for me, its a tie between shrines and black seeds for favorite album. There are some great moments in black seeds, like that melodic tremelo riff towards the end of "Masturbating the War God" (I love that part), however shrines has some awesome riffage, great drumming, and production that i think is perfect. The production of Annihilation kind of annoys me, but there are some kick ass songs.

I think Black Seeds has the most memorable lyrics.
"Open the gate, lest I cause the dead to outnumber the living"

"We shall blot out the remembrance of Amalek... FROM UNDER THE SKY!!!"
etc.

Thats really the only good unearth song. Most of there songs are much more metalcore. They have a lot of good riffs here and there in songs, but then the vocals come in, and the incessant chugging breakdowns.

ahh... tonight we had Cryptopsy, Black Dahlia Murder, Nile again (w00t), CoB (meh) then Slipknot (meh)

Old school song: iron maiden - run to the hills (I'm so fucking tired of hearing this song)