We - NOT metal - NEW SONG - Axe-Fx

-Loco-

Knives.
Apr 17, 2009
Just finished this today, it's a new song from the E.P we're writing. Trying to balance time between this and my band Sectioned haha.

Used superior for the drums although we actually got our drummer round to help write them this time. Not going to go overboard with all the layers on this E.P as we want it to be translatable in a live situation since we're considering making it a tour worthy project now!

any questions then fire away, if you like it then please pass it on to at least one person you know!

our full Demo of 5 tracks is available to download from the bandcamp page below! It's free :)

http://juggernaught.bandcamp.com/album/with-the-stars-as-an-audience

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds great! But I think your mastering this way too hot, and you should ride the volume faders a bit more for a bigger contrast.
I always enjoy opening these We-threads, they tend to always be full of win.

Thanks for the kind words man, that's strange wasn't clipping for me...this seems to be a recurring problem... This is just one song, think it kind of pickups up from the Demo but we've got some new ideas for the rest of the E.P.

Thanks for the advice will definately look into it :)

Really appreciate that Jeff! Yeah man it's perfect for this style of music as much as I still dig it for metal. I'm surprised there aren't as many bands going aroun (or if there are i've just not listened to them) who are using the Axe. :)

I didn't hear any clipping either. I meant it more in that it's loud all the way through. Maybe I've lost track of reality looping the Inception soundtrack millions of times but I think that music can be so much more interesting if one just dares turning lower intensity sections down a couple of dB's.

This sounds amazing, loco!

Would you be opposed to posting stems for this track for us (selfishly, ME :lol:) to practice mixing? I'm on a huge post-rock kick right now (Explosions..., This will destroy you, Russian Circles, Caspian, Mono, etc. etc.) and really interested in learning the nuances to mixing it and just learning how to get that whole ambient full sound.

Thank you! I might do it after the E.P is out, don't want to just now because it hasn't been completed yet. Thanks for checking it out. More tracks should be available through my bandcamp page if you'd like to hear more for now :)