We shot a video last weekend ...

smy1

Apr 8, 2006
Hamburg, Germany
www.faderhead.com
Last weekend, on July 4th and 5th, we wrapped up shooting the Dirtygrrrls/Dirtybois Video. Each day was about 18h of straight work with hardly any breaks for the production team and me. On first review, I am very very happy with the result and we will be editing the video from July 24th, so we expect to release it by the end of this month.

For a little glimpse at the action, here are some pictures:

LLS_2873.jpg

LLS_2820.jpg

LLS_2884.jpg

LLS_2881.jpg

LLS_2890.jpg

LLS_2927.jpg

LLS_2948.jpg

All photography (c) Marco Ribbe - http://www.marcoribbe.de

Here's a screencapture from the videocam:

car_kiss.jpg

A little behind-the-scenes video may be coming up soon, too! The song is pure dance-pop though :)

SWEET FUCKING PANTS :headbang: And that guy in the third-to-last pic looks ridiculous :lol: But cool deal dude, looks like high production values and all!

Metaltastic: the whole budget for the video was 1200 Euros. But that's only possible because my label owns all the equipment and we got the location for free (location owner is a big Faderhead fan) - otherwise the location would have cost more in one day than the whole budget :D

Social: haha, it ain't gonna be that outrageous. You gotta compromise or shit won't be played on youtube etc. ... :/

Damn, good deal, and yeah, it does look like a super-swanky place, so I'm not surprised! Who owns the car though? :D

I cringe everytime I see RedRock Equipment with a non-RedRock device. But that's just me. :p

Quality looks good though, killer job for 1200 Euros!

Metaltastic: '66 Cadillac is owned by my buddy Sven - he gave it to us for the shoot.

Spioraid: haha, ah well. It's a Panasonic HVX200 with a Canon lens adapter. Although we found out that my Canon EOS 5Dmk2 is superior in image quality. My co-director ordered one the day after shooting.

Metaltastic: '66 Cadillac is owned by my buddy Sven - he gave it to us for the shoot.

Spioraid: haha, ah well. It's a Panasonic HVX200 with a Canon lens adapter. Although we found out that my Canon EOS 5Dmk2 is superior in image quality. My co-director ordered one the day after shooting.

Pssshya! Don't get me wrong, I love my 35mm adapters, but if you have a chance to do without one; do so. Of course you're stuck with 30p on your MkII, if I were DP I'd probably use the MkII as my main camera and the HVX rig as B camera/back up. But like I said, the screencap looks good so it's not like you've got a bad result by any means.

I trust you had good lighting for the shoot?

Pssshya! Don't get me wrong, I love my 35mm adapters, but if you have a chance to do without one; do so. Of course you're stuck with 30p on your MkII, if I were DP I'd probably use the MkII as my main camera and the HVX rig as B camera/back up. But like I said, the screencap looks good so it's not like you've got a bad result by any means.

I trust you had good lighting for the shoot?

The screencap is from a 5Dmk2 shot :) Much easier using that in the driving camera-car than the big HVX200. I will look into some Redrock kits for DSLR once I got some money to spare. Should help with the handling.

We mainly used Kinoflo's and some sticklights. Had ARRI's but never used them. I don't know if that is considered good lighting :)

The screencap is from a 5Dmk2 shot :) Much easier using that in the driving camera-car than the big HVX200. I will look into some Redrock kits for DSLR once I got some money to spare. Should help with the handling.

We mainly used Kinoflo's and some sticklights. Had ARRI's but never used them. I don't know if that is considered good lighting :)

I don't recall if the HD Video mode on the MkII has image stabilization or not, but if it doesn't, your money might be better spent on some kind of steadicam rig. What's great about the RedRock stuff is that you can use most of it on different rigs, so all you need is a couple of adapter plates to use the HVX accessories for your MkII. Definitely check out the website on their DSLR kits, and just piece one together since you already have some of the parts.

If you used the MkII for the shoot...any lighting is good lighting. That thing keeps the blacks so friggin' clear it's amazing.