Weakling

You'll love it, Beast. Seriously. The vocals are sort of wacky, and for me, took some getting used to. But now, I can't imagine it without them! I guess that some of Weakling went on to form The Fucking Champs, later downgraded to merely The Champs. Very different, quirky "instrumetal". Many short songs per album, iirc. They teamed up with TransAm on an album or two, I think. They have some pretty funny song titles, too: "Now is the Winter of Our Discoteque", for example.

LOL, some of them formed The Fucking Champs? :guh: That's kinda weird...

Anyway, I have no doubt I'll be into this. I keep getting more and more into BM these days, it seems. I even just got some Burzum the other day (Hvis Lyset Tar Oss - tis amazing stuff, BTW). My God, soon I'll be listening to Darkthrone! :heh:

I tracked the shipment and it should be delivered this afternoon, so I'm getting psyched to get the hell home! :loco:

If you smoke up, do so to this album.

Also, some of the members were in The Gault.. Some are in Asunder.. And there's been a fuckload of other bands some members have been involved with.. That i haven't heard or bothered to look up.

As i stated earlier in this thread, in a pretty homo-erotic sounding way.. This album, and the eponymous song in particular.. Have been the soundtrack to many a great stoning session.

If my information is correct, I believe The Fucking Champs were around before Weakling. Also, I had thought that they were just 'The Champs' before adding 'Fucking' to the name, but I'm probably wrong there.

Glad some of you are checking these guys out, by the way! \m/ You won't be disappointed. I'm looking into Wolves in the Throne Room myself... and I wouldn't mind scoring the new Leviathan, Negura Bunget, and Deathspell Omega albums, either.

If my information is correct, I believe The Fucking Champs were around before Weakling. Also, I had thought that they were just 'The Champs' before adding 'Fucking' to the name, but I'm probably wrong there.

Yeah, I think I confused that point. As I read the interview, I realized I probably had it backwards.

Awesome interview! He seems like a strange but interesting guy. Man, seeing him mention Andee Connor of tUMULt Records was pretty cool. When I lived in Monterey, I drove up to San Francisco to visit Aquarius Records, which is a music store that Andee owns. Very cool little music store - check it out if you ever get a chance. Anyway, I was e-mailing Andee back and forth for a while, getting his recommendations on obscure, bleak, weird-as-fuck black metal bands, and he'd send me copies. (That's how I found Weakling, Xasthur, Leviathan, Deathspell Omega, etc.) Then, knowing that tUMULt records has a lot of different kinds of bands on it, I asked him if he'd be willing to take a listen to some of my own music (Thiestru, that is). He said he'd be glad to, so I LEAPT at the opportunity by... never... sending... any... thing. *sigh* Oh well, my music then was pretty different from what it is now, but it would have been cool to be on the same label as Weakling. Maybe it's not too late?

Sorry for that personal anecdote. That interview just got me to thinking about it again.

Meh.. i'm not complaining.

And yeah, after reading that interview, you were right.. TFC were around before Weakling.. But to be honest, i've still not even heard that band.

And if i were you, once you've refined your material etc etc etc.. I'd try and take him up on that offer!

OK, been listening to this for about a week now...you guys were right on, this is AMAZING!!!!! I love the vocals. The title track is so fucking great...I could listen to it over and over. This will be getting heavy rotation for quite some time.