Weird problem downloading from dropbox link ...

Skinny Viking

¯\(°_o)/¯ How do Lydian?
Oct 10, 2007
Philly
www.facebook.com
1st of all, I'm not the one having a problem. Anyone who sends me a link for a file on dropbox, I have no problems downloading the file. Problem is my singer can't seem to "save as" anymore when I send him file links from dropbox. He used to have no problems but then all of a sudden it won't let him download shit anymore. His "save as" right click option only saves it as a html doc. Is there some setting somewhere that he could check to allow for him to download files from the links I send him? He's on a pc, don't know what windows version, probably xp or vista. If anyone knows anything I'd appreciate it

Cheers!

1st of all, I'm not the one having a problem. Anyone who sends me a link for a file on dropbox, I have no problems downloading the file. Problem is my singer can't seem to "save as" anymore when I send him file links from dropbox. He used to have no problems but then all of a sudden it won't let him download shit anymore. His "save as" right click option only saves it as a html doc. Is there some setting somewhere that he could check to allow for him to download files from the links I send him? He's on a pc, don't know what windows version, probably xp or vista. If anyone knows anything I'd appreciate it

Cheers!

If you send the links in a email he might be able to right click the actual link and save as, a few people i know have this problem when i send them links, so i either have to post the link on a forum or email so they can right click and save it

^ Thats how I send him the links, through an email and he never had any problems but a few weeks ago something changed and now when he right clicks and tries "save as" it only lets him save as an html with no other options

does it work if he copies the link into his browser? should be a new window opening with options "open" or "save as"

^ I think he said he tried that but it only allowed him to play the file in a new tab or something ... there was no "save as" option. I'll ask him again though just to be sure

^ Thanks man ... thats pretty good to know.

Turns out that just as sudden as he was having problems downloading from the links, now it all works perfect again

weird