Welcome to the SAXON Messageboard

saxon747

Moderator/Webmaster
Sep 9, 2002
www.saxon747.com

Hello Fellow Metalheads!

So here we are at last! A place to comment on all things related to SAXON (or anything else for that matter).

Please use the board constructively for witty chat, comments, observations (Is Biff really that old!) etc etc.

Good Posting :)

Wouter
Vince
Dave
Paul

Thanks! The new site is totally cool! I have been a huge diehard Saxon fan ever since I saw them open for Molly Hatchet back in 1982 on the DENIM AND LEATHER TOUR in my hometown of Quincy, Illinois. Saxon are truly one of the greatest metal bands of all time. I believe that british metal rules. Bands such as Saxon, Priest, Maiden, Marshall Law, Praying Mantis etc. are what true metal music is all about and why it has lasted into the new mellenium. With all of the CRAP out there today calling itself metal, it's great to have bands like these keeping the faith for good ol' metalheads like me. The fan club is a great idea. Thanks again guys!!

Sincerely,

Scott S. Stinnett

I've been a huge Saxon fan since I first heard Solid Ball of Rock way back in the early '90's. Granted that's not as long as alot of people, but hey its taken me almost 10 years to accumulate most of this bands incredible back catalog. I will always be a fan of this band period.

I think the new dates that SAXON are going to play later on this year in the UK should be made into a new video. It would undoubtedly sell-out and the video would sell, especially on the internet. What do other people think?

I first got into Saxon when I was about 9 (around 1978/9), if my aging memory serves me at all.

I have to admit that I have not followed the last few albums, but that is just due to changes in my metal tastes. I now front the band Chaosvalve (VOCALS/GUITARS), a project with various names from various genres of metal including as a main member Raymond Herrera from the LA based industrial metal band Fear Factory.

It's great to see Saxon still doing it, and doing it so well. I will keep popping in here to update myself as to what is happening with Saxon.

Also the website is great, loads of info, and the bio-section made me feel old!

If any of you guys have heard of the British band Kill 2 This then I have a funny story for you. I spent 2 hours on the phone with the Guitarist Mark Mynett from the band, as we sang the lyrics to countless Saxon hits at each other saying "what about this..." and "oh and this was a classic".... see how Saxon have stamped a mark in the new scene that is growing in the UK.

Phil Q-W (Chaosvalve

Thank you so much for this site. I first got into saxon living up north, but in the mid-west it's very hard to find and keep up with new music. Even new reases are old news before I hear of them, but now i can keep up to date with one of the few real heavey metal bands left in the world. Please keep us posted on everything !!!!!!