Well folks.

affinityband said:
Yeah i saw them, io mean i hope its not the same damn setlist, although if they dont play with strength i burn il rape them like the bitches they are.
Be prepared to die.

If they are going to have the same playlist as in Norway, it's gonna be... THE shit.
Of course including "With Strenght I Burn" ...

I was invited to go to England for that gig... oh how I wished I could go ... but I can't... that's why I chose the other one and made my way up to Norway *chrchr* ... it was a good decision... a really good one... that was probably the very best Emperor gig ever...
ARGH, I wanna go to Britain *grrrrrrrrrr!!!* ...too bad I'm in Tuscany that week ... fuck it...

@all those guys from teh dutch kata-meeting: yah, I could see that I couldn't see the sticks ;D ... I was just in front of him [wonder, oh wonder :rolleyes: ] *hehe* ...

awww, you could see that you couldn't see it! Thats so great. What do you mean with "in front"? First row or on stage? :)

honestly glad that swany's back

Unicorn said:
awww, you could see that you couldn't see it! Thats so great. What do you mean with "in front"? First row or on stage? :)
OF COURSE I was on stage! I mean... how could you think something else, huh?! :Smug: I was sitting on his base drum swooning on him :rolleyes: which is the reason why you won't find any the-master-on-stage-piczzz :loco:
Nah, the location was quite interesting, ummm... how to explain, the stage was at the lowest point of the hall, so you had to go down some stairs to get in front of it... left & right from those stairs were some kinda plateaus, 3 of them, about 1,5m brought and quite high. On the left and the right wall were something like balconies for press & stuff. I was on the lowest plateau which means that I was almost at the same height as the band and maybe 5m away from it. Best view! :D
Naaah, there was nothing to see, sometimes not even a wooden-coloured stripe... you could just see how the fog/smoke(?) was swirling around wildly between the cymbals. And as always he looked like drinking a cup of tea :dopey:

Not really glad to be back home, but glad to be back online <.<

AAAH, before I forget it... I think I've seen your personal Norwegian just a few steps away from me, Markus! He was running around with some blonde girl so I didn't have the courage to go and ask "Eeehr, are you by any chance named Lars?" *cough cough* but now as I took another look at the pics, it must have been him, he even wore that ... that ... Holzf&#228;llerhemd *drop*

affinityband said:
i saw them at wacken..
Im being honest when i say that most people will be in awe rather than moshing.
I've seen them at Wacken too... and it's not a secret that it was a fucking misery... for the fans aswell as the band... whoever's to blame for the "sound"... it's history now.
And it shall remain history, that's why I said "Be prepared to die" because if you get what we got last saturday... it will leave you more than stunned ... way more.

Right, people were in awe... everything was quiet, everything was frozen, anything else stopped existing for a few minutes. When the light turned on it felt like heaven had fallen down. It's not about destroying your hairstyle as most as possible, not about being more grim & true than your neighbour... it's about enjoying, individually, the way your heart wants it to be.
And be assured I envy you... for getting the last chance so far... I hope everything goes as it should and that you'll get a night to remember & a most wonderful time. Enjoy!

BloodySwan said:
I've seen them at Wacken too... and it's not a secret that it was a fucking misery... for the fans aswell as the band... whoever's to blame for the "sound"... it's history now.
And it shall remain history, that's why I said "Be prepared to die" because if you get what we got last saturday... it will leave you more than stunned ... way more.

Right, people were in awe... everything was quiet, everything was frozen, anything else stopped existing for a few minutes. When the light turned on it felt like heaven had fallen down. It's not about destroying your hairstyle as most as possible, not about being more grim & true than your neighbour... it's about enjoying, individually, the way your heart wants it to be.
And be assured I envy you... for getting the last chance so far... I hope everything goes as it should and that you'll get a night to remember & a most wonderful time. Enjoy!

Actually the sound for emperor was pretty much a pleasure compared the majority of the bands. Once they got through the first couple of tracks it sounded really crisp where i was standing(in the middle between the sound tower and the black stage). Opeth suffered hugely, but they were just shit anyway. Emperor and Morbid Angel were my favourite, but Emperor had possibly the best sound at the event(which doesnt mean to say it was perfect). I for one didnt think they suffered at all.

I got my ticket to see emperor as a birthday present from the little brother. Know a few others that are going too, so hopefully shall have a few people to keep me company :)

Have the whole weekend off work as well, so lots of time to get very very drunk. wehey!