Well...I guess I got an Audix D6 for free.

Executioner213

Ultimate Meatbag
Sep 2, 2001
Spokane, WA
www.facebook.com
About a 1.5 months ago, I had to rent a p.a. from a friend...he had moved to another state to take a job, but his family were still in town trying to sell the house while he was working. He told me to go ahead and just leave some money for him when I brought it back. Along with renting the p.a., I grabbed his Audix D6 for miking the kicks at the show. Just to borrow. When we tore the show down, one of the guys helping us threw the mic in with my stuff. Well after I had brought the p.a. back, I was digging through my box of shit when I found it in there. I figured "what the hell...I'll hang onto it until he asks for it, I could use it for a couple things until then".

Last week, he got killed in a work accident. Of course I was bummed to hear about this, but then I was like "Oh fuck...and I still have his mic". I talked to a handful of people and they all said the same exact thing: "That mic is the least of his families worries. If they ask for it, give it back...but otherwise, you have a new mic". Since the wide group of my friends had all said the same thing, and I had originally thought the same thing though I wasn't set on staying on that path until I had felt it out...and knowing he would have been the only person that knew I had it, let alone the only one in his family that knows what a D6 is...I guess I have a new mic.

So...yeah.

:kickass:D.H. : 02/02/1970 ~ 09/09/2008 :kickass:

If it were me, I'd want one of my friends to have it. But I would at least offer it back to the family, it's the right thing to do. I can almost guarantee they will just say to keep it.

Wow dude, that's pretty sad - what was the work he did that took his life? And you should totally offer it to the family, "waiting for them to ask" kinda seems like a dodgy dick move, cuz like my parents know what gear I loan out or even own?