Were Area54 Any Good At Jb's???

SIMO

New Metal Member
Oct 2, 2001
I WAS GOING TO GO BUT I COULDN'T GET A LIFT, SO WERE THEY ANY GOOD?THEY WERE FUCKIN ACE WHEN I SAW THEM LAST.:wave:

im sure they were.... btw when did u see them last?>>???

im in a net cafe in camden at the mo... killing time before ican get into sell loadsa merch!! (fingers crosses) and ofcourse see the rockers them self

RAAAAAA 4 gigs in a weekk going to explode !!!!!!!!!!!!!11

i love camden - its grrreeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaattttttttttt

They were very good.

The crowd were a little, er, 'reserved'. Everyone stood on the steps and watched apart from about 12 of us who stood by the stage. And don't even ask about the wanker in the Helloween shirt :lol:

I think they won a couple of people over, they did sell 2 albums to new fans and a few more people showed an interest but most of the Dokken fans weren't interested in anything that wasn't Dokken unfortunately.

Wot Selphie said.

Thought Lakis' vocals got lost in the mix and the bass drum was too high much, but otherwise, top job.

Had a bit of a laugh at Don Dokken and left fairly early though, but a good night, worth travelling to the other end of the m5 for :D

iv found that a lot with many bands...

its a pitty 54 dont have sum1 they could take with them to do sound (incidently a job id love...sound guy - but sadly have no experience :cry: )

Area 54
June 4th
Camden Underworld
Supporting Virgin Steele alongside Dragonforce

Hot off the press, hope some of yous can make it!

In other news, Area 54 kicked ass at the underworld tonight. Apart from a dodgy sound problem at the start, it all went super good! Apart from loads of dokken fans standing in the way of my mad headbanging GRRRRR if they don't want to take part then get out of my way!!! the guys and gal seemed to go down very well, and merch was being bought and people were talking to the band afterwards, which is always cool. plus, overload was in the set, and we all know what i think about that particular little ditty! GRRRAAAAAAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYROOOOOOOOOCCCCCCK

Now I shall shamelessly promote dragonforce, as i love power metal and these guys pull it off very very well. go to www.dragonforce.biz and hear some of their stuff, then go to the virgin steele gig! not only do you get melodic NuWOBHM, but also melodic power metal, bonus!!!! and they are both from england too, double bonus!!!!!! and thats just the support bands, triple bonus!!!!!!!

keep the scene alive etcetera :D

ill go for 54 but i fucking hate virgin steele saw em with hammerfall and they were wearing enough baby oil to keep johnsons in business for a few years mmmm can almost smell the edam now must remeber to wear fur pants and bring my sword

LAST TIME I SAW AREA54 WAS AT THE RED ROSE THEATRE,WHERE I USED TO BANG MY HEAD EVERY WEEK UNTIL IT GOT OVER RUN BY 8 YEAR OLD SLIPKNOT FANS! AND THEY WERE BANNED FROM SELLING BOOZE:( THERE WERE SOME GOOD BANDS PLAY THERE, BLAZE PLAYED THERE VERY FIRST EVER GIG THERE, AND OF COURSE MY OLD BAND MALICE PLAYED THERE A FEW TIMES, I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL AREA54 PLAY IN MY NECK OF THE WOODS AGAIN I'M GOING IF I HAVE TO FUCKIN' WALK:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Dragonforce? - I knew that sounded familiar...I saw a band called Dragonheart supporting Halford and they smoked....so having checked their website, I recognized the guitarist - Herman "shred" Li - with the very long hair :eek: I saw him chatting with Lakis at the Underworld gig on the 19th :D

Certainly looking forward to seeing them again.......:headbang: :headbang: - I like my melodic/power/thrash/speed metal type bands :cool: