We're "Back in the (Valley)" on Sat., 8/11, at Paladino's

Apr 10, 2009
Now that you're all fired up after seeing Maiden at the Verizon Center on Aug. 9 & 10...

...Get another fix of Maiden by heading to Paladino's for our show on Saturday, Aug. 11! And I guarantee we'll be playing some songs that you wish Maiden would have played but didn't (too many great ones to choose from)... ;)

Paladino's
6101 Reseda Blvd.
Tarzana, Ca
818-643-1563
www.paladinosclub.com

Up the bloody irons, yo!

I just stole the Iron Maidens setlist from their rehearsal studio. I hope they don't get angry at me for this, but here is what they are going to play on Saturday. They are sounding really good, with Tears of the Dragon being the strongest. Wanda's bass into for Innocent Exile is mind blowing! The whole set is non-stop rocket fuel
Here is the leaked setlist:

Tears of the Dragon
No More Lies
Infinite Dreams
Innocent Exile
Children of the Damned
These Colours Don't Run
Brighter Than a Thousand Suns
Caught Somewhere in Time
Rhime of the Ancient Mariner
Losfer Words
The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner
Brave New World
Remember Tomorrow
Journeyman
Paschendale
Alexander the Great
Hallowed be Thy Name
The Longest Day

Here's the set list from last night's insane show :)

0ac2353d.jpg

ENERGETIC SHOW!!...Nita's first show back at Paladino's in 3 dates. Crowd was great, pics and video coming...

This is worth mentioning for those that weren't there. The show was great, everyone was on fire. Nita and Courtney both were shredding mean tight and shredding solos. Nita had this "I'm gonna kick your face in now" look when she was soloing. Wanda, Linda and of course Kirsten all were on the whole night.

But someone has to post about this:

Courtney's right hand was bleeding. She took no break, there were no delays. She'd go back every so often, wipe her bloody hand on a napkin, then go back to playing with a smile. Towards the end of the night, her hand was hurting so bad, and was literally "shredded" that she grabbed a napkin and was playing the guitar with the napkin in front of her fingers. This was really funny because then as shes strumming her hand really fast back and forth, the napkin is shredding little by little throughout the song until it was gone. This may have been one of the coolest things I've ever seen. Courtney was doing solos that were so damn good, her guitar style comes through so well, that it's just extraordinary. But hats off to her. I mean that was so bad ass! She is the REAL TROOPER!

Kind of reminds me when Sara had a broken leg but kept it going. Even if she had to sit in a chair the whole show with a huge cast.

I was also surprised you played a Billy Joel song after The Wickerman.