WE'rE MOTHERFUCKIN COOL!

Haha nice try megusta:pBut conti pwns you like everytime:lol:

I'm probably going to the montreal show(because they won't come to quebec), 2 cars on the road, crazy!!

Nikotiini said:
no I'm pretty sure they didn't... i just watched this movie about them and it showed ALL the places they lived... Finland wasn't one of them. I don't understand why that would be though :erk:
Why is it that finland was in swedish rule until early 20th century then?

Nikotiini said:
The Varangians: Who were they?

Historians often mention Varangians in connection with certain events on the Eastern shores of the Baltic and northern Russia. Let's look at some explanations from different perspectives. The term is generally thought to come from Swedish, but some Finnish researchers, such as Kuussaari, claim it has a Finnish origin.

According to one Finnish source, they are identified as "Scandinavians," but the original Varangians were probably actually Fenno-Scandians. (Kuussaari, 1935) The Finns are conspicuous for their absence in both Swedish and Russian (Slavic or "Great" Russians) accounts. Varangians may have originally been Baltic Finns, distinguishable from Swedes by their Uralic language. They lived on the shores of western Finland and Estonia/Livonia and the Baltic islands, and were later joined in their guard duties by Swedes, who were called Vikings. (Kuussaari, 1935) This is called the "Riga, Åland, Gulf of Finland triangle." Vikings are often equated with Varangians, who came to consist of both Finns and Swedes as the latter turned Eastward and joined the Finns in the beginning of the second millennium. Varangians never invaded the British Isles - they are called Vikings.

I suppose that should clarify things... so I guess they weren't originally vikings, but later joined them.
I don't know, but when you conquer a place, you usually install settlements. I don't think they lived in finland in great numbers though.

Nikotiini said:
must not have... but I guess you are correct in saying finnish people are descendents of vikings.
Well, only if you consider those varangians as such...genetically and linguistically, finland is a world apart from scandinavia...

Nikotiini said:
The only true viking descendents live in either Iceland or Greenland... I can't remember which. They still speak the original lanugage there.
nah, all over both greenland, iceland, faroe islands, and scandinavia. Both iceland and faroe conserved the language to some extent, while scandinavia raped it beyond mutual intelligibility. They are definitely from the same root though...