Wes Borland Joins Marilyn Manson

Mechanical Animals is actually a really amazing cd, and this is coming from a huge PT, and PS fan. Twiggy is an amazing songwriter, and you'd be deaf to say otherwise if you actually heard the cd.

yes, i have listened to the album and it's okay songwriting, but manson is the most annoying prick in the world.

Scarsick is far worse than either marilyn manson album, it's true. I've never said FOABP was crap besides the lyrics, which ARE even worse than marilyn manson's. The music is a lot better obviously. Be has about 4 good songs on it and the rest is trash, putting it slightly above Holywood and below Mechanical Animals.

OIC, but i can't understand how you can call scarsick and be poor songwriting.

OIC, but i can't understand how you can call scarsick and be poor songwriting.

I honestly hate scarsick. Be is just too retro-prog-dorkiness for my tastes for much of the album. I still consider Remedy Lane and TPE1 to be THE best albums Ive ever heard, so I'm definitely not a band-hater, those albums just failed spectacularly imo.

I fail to see how Be failed in the slightest, and maybe FoaBP, and Scaresick didn't have the most credible lyrics, but the actual music was just as good as ever, and honestly I don't see a big enough difference musically in those records to even say otherwise. It's cool you have your opinions man, but I always see you nit pick about the smallest things instead of acknowledge the accomplishments.

Whatever I'm seeing a lot of misinformed opinions in this thread.

It's funny you keep bringing up a simple statement you can't grasp in the slightest.

I fail to see how Be failed in the slightest, and maybe FoaBP, and Scaresick didn't have the most credible lyrics, but the actual music was just as good as ever, and honestly I don't see a big enough difference musically in those records to even say otherwise. It's cool you have your opinions man, but I always see you nit pick about the smallest things instead of acknowledge the accomplishments.

Whatever I'm seeing a lot of misinformed opinions in this thread.

Scarsick's lyrics are only the most easily describable part of the problem. There's no good music on it either. The first few songs all sound like "Used" the horrible edition, disco queen sounds like it belongs on a flower kings cd, flame to moth is like an uninspired screamo song, etc. A terrible album in every regard. I just don't find most of the songs on Be interesting besides Lillium Cruentus, the second to last one, and someof the short instrumental things. At least it was trying to do something new, I just didn't like the results very much. I'm not nitpicking about the small things with these albums, I really considered them monumental disappointments for a lot more than just the lyrics. I can see how lots of people love Be, I don't think it's actually a bad cd, I just don't like it. Anyway I like how this thread is no longer about marilyn manson and wes borland.

:lol: The funny thing is you keep bringing up your own stupidity for me to laugh at, and I truly thank you for that.

de·fy Audio Help [v. di-fahy; n. di-fahy, dee-fahy] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation verb, -fied, -fy·ing, noun, plural -fies.
–verb (used with object)
1. to challenge the power of; resist boldly or openly: to defy parental authority.
2. to offer effective resistance to: a fort that defies attack.
3. to challenge (a person) to do something deemed impossible: They defied him to dive off the bridge.
4. Archaic. to challenge to a combat or contest.
–noun

ex·pla·na·tion Audio Help [ek-spluh-ney-shuhn] Pronunciation Key
–noun
1. the act or process of explaining.
2. something that explains; a statement made to clarify something and make it understandable; exposition: an explanation of a poem.
3. a meaning or interpretation: to find an explanation for a mystery.
4. a mutual declaration of the meaning of words spoken, actions, motives, etc., with a view to adjusting a misunderstanding or reconciling differences: After a long and emotional explanation they were friends again.

Let's put this together for you shall we? To "defy explination" is to resist the act of explaining. In your case there is no logical explination for anything you say thus you just avoid the point when faced with it. I suppose you'll just conveniently avoid these facts too like you do everything else. But hey, if you want to keep making a fool of yourself then by all means go right ahead!

:lol: The funny thing is you keep bringing up your own stupidity for me to laugh at, and I truly thank you for that.

de·fy Audio Help [v. di-fahy; n. di-fahy, dee-fahy] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation verb, -fied, -fy·ing, noun, plural -fies.
–verb (used with object)
1. to challenge the power of; resist boldly or openly: to defy parental authority.
2. to offer effective resistance to: a fort that defies attack.
3. to challenge (a person) to do something deemed impossible: They defied him to dive off the bridge.
4. Archaic. to challenge to a combat or contest.
–noun

ex·pla·na·tion Audio Help [ek-spluh-ney-shuhn] Pronunciation Key
–noun
1. the act or process of explaining.
2. something that explains; a statement made to clarify something and make it understandable; exposition: an explanation of a poem.
3. a meaning or interpretation: to find an explanation for a mystery.
4. a mutual declaration of the meaning of words spoken, actions, motives, etc., with a view to adjusting a misunderstanding or reconciling differences: After a long and emotional explanation they were friends again.

Let's put this together for you shall we? To "defy explination" is to resist the act of explaining. In your case there is no logical explination for anything you say thus you just avoid the point when faced with it. I suppose you'll just conveniently avoid these facts too like you do everything else. But hey, if you want to keep making a fool of yourself then by all means go right ahead!

explination?

give me a fucking break :lol:, the first topic isn't even on the front page anymore. am i supposed to try to convince PT fanboys that gavin isn't that phenomenal? or try to convince you that i think SL is more rhythmically complex than GR? total waste of time, and half of the time it's just to get a rise out of faggots like you.

suck my cock fgt

Hmm, seems like you're the one who's on the rise. Edited, and everything.

It's clear now that you certainly aren't worth anyones time.

this is going too far :) everything in music can not be defined, thus these kind of arguments will not lead anywhere. People just rarely explain that it's not the music that's bad, just that it's not their cup of tea, so it leads to an argument.