What about Joe Lynn Turner?

Andy Laudano

Feb 24, 2005
Ft Worth Texas
There's been a lot of talk lately about melodic/traditional/hard rock bands lately and I was wondering if Glenn would consider someone like Joe Lynn Turner for a spot? There's plenty of good reasons to consider him.

1) His latest album The Usual Suspects is phenomenal and proves he's still got it. Not sure who'd be in his touring band but Al Pitrelli (Savatage/TSO) and John O'Rilley (Rainbow/Westworld/TSO) played on the CD

2) He hasn't played in the US in YEARS as far as I know, although he tours Europe regularly. I bet he'd jump at the chance to play a show in the US. I'm sure he still lives in the US so it probably wouldn't be expensive to bring him in.

3) He still likes to play a couple of old Rainbow songs like "Stone Cold."

Just a thought. At the very least check out the new CD, it's really good.

Cool suggestion...his new CD is very good.

Probably wouldn't be that heavy of a set...but JLT is certainly one of THE voices of the rock world.

Rock on!

This guy is a vocal icon - his work with RAINBOW was seminal for me.....

And his work on Odessey with Yngwie is what made that album REALLY stand head and shoulders above Yngiwes other albums for me....

His new album is pretty good too.... especially track one.
Still got the pipes!
:headbang:

He's playing here (Los Angeles) on Nov. 2, I think and I can't wait to see the show. I haven't seen him sing in over 15 years and I'm sure it will be great! I need to scope out that new CD of his..... thanks for the heads up!:D

Last year when there was a thread talking about having a more melodic hard rock band at PP, I suggessted Hughes Turner Project, but Glenn Hughes has since said that he's not interested in doing the HTP thing again anytime soon. I would love it, great singer and he has some heavier songs on his solo releases.

JLT would make a great addition to PP.

In fact It be nice to have him as well as Jeff Scott Soto for PP.

I'm still pushing to get Jeff Scott Soto for PP. :headbang: JSS is hands down the best (clean) vocalist in metal (for me at least).

I also wonder why haven't JSS or JLT been featured on any Ayreon cd's?

What are you waiting for Arjen?

I think Jeff Scott Soto works better. Joe Lynn Turner did good work with some acts, but his default sound is blues rock and that's just not gonna work.

TheWhisper said:
...Glenn Hughes has since said that he's not interested in doing the HTP thing again anytime soon. I would love it, great singer and he has some heavier songs on his solo releases.

I'd love to see him with Toni Iommi to promote their two releases together (DEP Sessions, Fused).

kittybeast said:
He's playing here (Los Angeles) on Nov. 2, I think and I can't wait to see the show. I haven't seen him sing in over 15 years and I'm sure it will be great! I need to scope out that new CD of his..... thanks for the heads up!:D

I jammed with Joe in New York last year and he still sounds and looks great! I will also be going to see him here in LA next week, hope to see you there!

Eric