What about The Doors???

Miss*Lie said:
but are you really portuguese, or originally from other country?
yep, I'm a real portuguese borned and raised, even though, like I said, I dont like it very much and I hope to end up like you, living in a country that isn't as stupid and ignorant as Portugal.

Nediam said:
yep, I'm a real portuguese borned and raised, even though, like I said, I dont like it very much and I hope to end up like you, living in a country that isn't as stupid and ignorant as Portugal.

yeah...unfortunetely Portugal keeps getting worse... It's a shame 'cause we really have a great culture, and landscapes, and great opportunities to grow up as a nation...(bad government - bastards!)
but you know what? I cannot stop going to Portugal...and after I majored in my course, and a couple of years of work, I'll probably be back home :)

"Carry me caravan, take me away. Take me to Portugal..." (The Doors):p

ahahaahh! peace frog is great.
I really like the Jim Morrison's album - An American Prayer. The track Ghost Song has an incredible poem turned into lyric, which's so pleasant to listen to.

If anybody here knows this album, listen also to Riders on The Storm. Here, Jim Morrison explains the meaning of the song, through a completely "stoned" monologue. However, it's really clever. After I heard that, the original Riders on The Storm track started to make all sense to me...

One of my favorite bands ever!!! Can't think of a tune I don't like. Jim Morrison's vision was incredible. A poet and reluctant rock star. "Her cunt gripped him, like a warm, friendly hand."

stormy said:
Yes a bit overrated but they Do have some really amazing songs. :) and i donty Mind if He was a Junkie

I dont think they are overrated. How can one say that! They have become an eternal--yes--an eternal band. No one has ever done drug induced lyrical angst so well in music. No one has done such theatrical expansive and sometimes carnivalistic music so well--in rock of course. Hell, I still think The End is either the best rock song, or one of the best ever recorded.

I typically don't like to blast people/bands and won't start here..... but to be nice about it I don't care for The Doors. I don't like the "pipe organ" sound and frankly I never thought much about Jim's vocals. That is coming from someone who actually does enjoy music from the 70's and some from the 60's btw.

Bryant

Bryant said:
I typically don't like to blast people/bands and won't start here..... but to be nice about it I don't care for The Doors. I don't like the "pipe organ" sound and frankly I never thought much about Jim's vocals. That is coming from someone who actually does enjoy music from the 70's and some from the 60's btw.

Bryant

I adore that pipe sound and his voice. They are one of a kind. Its-- like I said earlier-- dark, seductive, at times carnivalistic sound that is so original. Its that underbelly of darkness and nihilism wrapped in these vibrant life-proclaiming songs that Morrison did maybe better than anyone else in the popular music sphere. Well thats my opinion, and wow does it sound pretentious.

Miss*Lie said:
I'm currently listening to some The Doors songs. This is one of my favourite bands from all time!

Just wondering if there's anybody here who enjoy them as well...

(And if someone likes An American Prayer, by Jim Morrison...)

Probably a bad band to some of you...but I'm sure that's a really classical good one for others ;)

Discuss...

Doors is good shit.