Is there any reason to show before the doors open?

Cheiron

Jan 11, 2006
As a non-gold badge holding person (and probably one of the few who posts here regularly), is there any reason to show up before the doors open to the regular ticket holders? I'm not one that feels a need to rush in to get close to the stage. Only reason I can think of is so that I can get a t-shirt early on =D

Just not sure if standing in line is worth it?

If you don't show up and get in line, may as well wait 10-15 minuites after they open to come down, because it'll take that long to clear the lines. The shirts sell out very fast, so that's a reason, also, if you prefer sitting, the best seats are typically taken by the GB holders, and then the others in line. They fill up pretty quickly.

If you don't mind standing in the back, no, not really.

What is a suggested good time to get there to start waiting in line 3pm, 3:30pm? Also about seats, I assume it's first come first serve and the seating asignments on the tickets are meaningless, correct? Lastly, when the doors open will the line just extend for the Pyramaze show or will it be safe to go look at vendor tables?

First time for me and would appreciate the information.

Thanks in advance.

Entrerie said:
What is a suggested good time to get there to start waiting in line 3pm, 3:30pm?

I'd suggest 10 or 11am.

just kidding...3pm should be fine. The weather forecast is excellent and it's kinda fun hanging outside with like-minded metalheads. There's a low wall along the sidewalk so you can sit.

Also about seats, I assume it's first come first serve and the seating asignments on the tickets are meaningless, correct?

Correct. (They have seating assignments on the tickets? Weird....)

Lastly, when the doors open will the line just extend for the Pyramaze show or will it be safe to go look at vendor tables?

When doors open, some will make a bee-line for the front by the stage, others will make a bee-line for those twenty lonely ProgPower 7 girly tees (the race should be filmed for "ProgPower Girls Gone Wild!" :heh: ), and others will run to the vendors' tables, and the Evergrey tees. Unless you're dead-set on getting a great spot or a great seat for Pyramaze, you should be okay to go shopping first.

First time for me and would appreciate the information.

Welcome to one of the best metal festivals on Earth! :headbang:

I usually arrive about 15 minutes before the doors open for regular ticketholders. I always get a decent seat about 8 rows up and off to the side a bit. But in Earthlink that's a good seat. Hardly a bad seat in the house over there.

If you absolutely must get a front row seat or a good floor space, then yeah, show up as early as possible. But you don't have to worry about getting a cruddy seat even if you show up a little late. Heck, seems like a quarter of the place is empty anyway until the headliner comes on. People like to hang out in the hallway or go to the vendors during the earlier slots.

I know there is already a parking thread but since we have the communication going here, can anyone recommend a good parking lot thats relatively close by and cheaper then the $15.00 at the venue. I heard there is a $5.00 lot somewhere on 17th thats further down between peachtree and w.peachtree, but I'm not sure how far that is of a walk from Center Stage. I also think there is a parking lot directly across the street as well but I don't know their pricing.

I think parking is more of a concern since the close/reasonably priced ones will full up quickly, and saving $10 will pay for half a t-shirt.

Pellaz said:
others will make a bee-line for those twenty lonely ProgPower 7 girly tees (the race should be filmed for "ProgPower Girls Gone Wild!" :heh: ),

Only twenty? I better wear running shoes... and bring a battleaxe.

there's a kroger shopping center .9 miles from the venue, up peachtree st. always plenty of parking there, and best of all is free for those willing to make a short trek.

then you can put your parking money towards another t-shirt... is my plan.

Entrerie said:
I think parking is more of a concern since the close/reasonably priced ones will full up quickly, and saving $10 will pay for half a t-shirt.

Hey, that's cool, now one can purchase half a t-shirt? I'd be wary, though, dude... if that 1/2 t-shirt is in pink or salmon, it's probably one of those aforementioned "ProgPower Girls Gone Wild" unofficial tees... good for the g/f but I don't think I'd recommend you making the car superman clothing change and wearing that into the venue!

Oh, and I'm currently a non-GB ticket holder, and I'm probably going to hit the line maybe 15 minutes early most likely as well, no use to be in a rush to wait in line, as mentioned above. So, perhaps leaving the battle axe in the car with the 1/2 t-shirt is a good idea.

;-)

Screaming From The Heavens said:
there's a kroger shopping center .9 miles from the venue, up peachtree st. always plenty of parking there, and best of all is free for those willing to make a short trek.

then you can put your parking money towards another t-shirt... is my plan.

No one's going to tow me away? You sure? :)

Joe-× said:
Work on your tan. Too many metal dudes are pasty.

Joe-X brings up a good point. Pastiness is only next to godliness in the metal circles (or, adjacent to demonicness, as may be more appropriate.) Personally, I pride myself on my non-pastiness, poor taste in surf shirts aside.

k_madden... there is no way in hell you'll get towed. way too many parking spaces for them to care. unless everyone parks there. lol.

plus one should know better than tow a metalhead's car... rioting and looting the likes of Policy Academy 2 would ensue.

Screaming From The Heavens said:
k_madden... there is no way in hell you'll get towed. way too many parking spaces for them to care. unless everyone parks there. lol.

plus one should know better than tow a metalhead's car... rioting and looting the likes of Policy Academy 2 would ensue.

This is totally incorrect for the most part. It depends on the grocery store but I have seen many times, in less than full parking lots, cars getting towed even when it is at night and the grocery store stays open during the night.

Take your chances if you choose to do so.