Wednesday Night Acoustic Show & Metal Karaoke

100% Agreed! Glad to see that you are also a fan of Zak's voice. Its almost scary how much we agree on music at times! I don't know what happened with PoS. :lol:

Clearly a lapse of judgement on Greg's part.

Man, I can't wait to see C2C in just 10 more days too!

Should be fun, as should the acoustic show. However, this time I'll know to get there early if I want to be able to actually see/hear, which I definitely do. There aren't really a lot of people Glenn could book for a show like this that I think I'd actually want to see, but he's batting a thousand thus far. :)

Shaye

This is going to be on Sept. 24??!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!! :)

And I was stoked that Prog Power this year was falling on the weekend directly after my birthday..... this makes it even better!

Clearly a lapse of judgement on Greg's part.
Clearly! Its really strange because we agree on so much else. Its all good though, I can't hate for not liing one group (that happens to be on a lot of people's hate list).

Should be fun, as should the acoustic show. However, this time I'll know to get there early if I want to be able to actually see/hear, which I definitely do. There aren't really a lot of people Glenn could book for a show like this that I think I'd actually want to see, but he's batting a thousand thus far. :)

Shaye
Indeed, both events will be fun! No doubt! We got there late last year because we were about 30 minutes late getting out the door and it took exactly 12 hours from my driveway until I hit the exit getting off of 85! And that place was PACKED when we got there!!!

Sweet!!! Maybe I will get on stage for half a second again and maybe Zak will tell me to shut up as well. LOL!

Note to self dont drink half a bottle of jager this time.

Thus spaketh Dolamite "3:12" Biffle. :lol:

I do have a question though, from someone that has never done the karaoke. Can we bring a song on CD? How does this work?

If Glenn utilizes the same karaoke guy as last year (Jory), then yes, you can bring your own CDs and he can play them, cranking you up over the original vocals. :kickass:

I'll bring a bunch of CDs again this year for people to pick through, too. Including....ummm.....damn, there was one Fates Warning CD that was requested several times and I didn't have it with me.... :erk:

I'm so getting up early to buy these tickets! As much as I enjoyed the Oliva set, I think this one may top it for me.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Met-Al

Btw, a friend here at work was just telling me the GA Satellites are playing @ Vinyl next weekend. So we looked it up (she was asking me about the venue), and lo and behold, it's an all-ages show.

http://www.vinyl-atlanta.com/index.asp?showID=1078

Is this somehow a special thing? My understanding was that because they allow smoking, they could NOT allow under-18's in, period. Maybe I'm confused--I'm sure Glenn knows more than I do--but just wanted to mention this.

Shaye

Last year - Oliva with special guest Zak. This year, I bet it's Zak with special guest Oliva. Excellent! You can never get too much Savatage at PP!

Steve in Philly

P.S. - Coming down Wed for the 2nd year in a row. Keep swearing to the wife that PP won't be any longer of a trip. Dreading the inevitable arrival of "Super-Special-Mystery-Tuesday Show"!

AND... you have to sing us some more Pat Benatar! :headbang:

Actually, I might just pull another rabbit out of my hat! Two ProgPowers ago, I did Rick Astley's "Together Forever." Who knows what I might do this time?

Stay metal. Never rust.
Met-Al

Can't wait to see Zak and the boys this Saturday! Does the fact that Zak is doing a solo acoustic thing on that Wednesday reflect on his possible status as a Showcase performer, as well?

Awesome news! And so glad to say that Nick and I will be able to make the special Wednesday show (and Karaoke - Wohoo!) this year, as the last several years we had purchased tickets to a show at Jaxx for that Wednesday night before any PP announcements were made. This year Jay doesn't have anything announced that far in advance so we haven't bought any tickets that would conflict with this awesome special appearance by Zak. I too hope he'll be hanging out for the remainder of the weekend (and even possibly be on the Showcase). Nick and I had such a great time chatting and drinking with him last year. I'm looking forward to more of that camaraderie again and to finally getting to make it to metal karaoke! :headbang: