ProgPower USA VIII: Special Wednesday Night "Mystery" Show

Here's my guess. Jon Oliva's Pain doing an acoustic set. They have been doing these over in Europe for the last couple tours. They are within driving distance from Atlanta. Jon has a good relationship with Glenn, plus Zak will be there as well to join for a few songs maybe????? Sounds like it could work if they don't have anything scheduled during that time.

They're doing Progpower Europe that weekend. It could be possible, but from what Glenn said in the how everything came together thread, he doesn't want to steal anything from Rene having them.

^^
Damn, I forgot about that. They aren't playing until Sunday night over there though. I guess it's possible, but unlikely. Oh well.:erk:

Just thinking some more here. JOP are probably flying out of Atlanta to go to Europe. They would leave on Thursday or Friday more than likely. This actually could work.

I'm not even sure if we'll be there Wed. night or not yet, but if I missed a show like this I'll be pissed!

OK, I got it: The Debut of the Headbanger Wrestling Council! I can see the promo now:

Gene Okerlund - (speaking into microphone)"Wednesday night, October 3rd, you don't wanna miss it, the HWC makes their debut at Vinyl's in Atlanta, Georgia. The matches have already been signed, and the night is set. These are you matches as they are signed for October 3rd.

First match is a tag-team encounter with KISS founders GENE SIMMONS and PAUL STANLEY taking on the team of VINNIE VINCENT and the legendary KING DIAMOND.

Match two is billed as a BULLROPE MATCH between two legends: Iron Maiden's BRUCE DICKINSON dons the tights as he faces of with none other than ZAKK WYLDE.

Then, the ladies get their kicks and punches in in a BRA AND PANTIES FATAL FOUR-WAY as Evanescense's AMY LEE, Lacuna Coil's CRISTINA SCABBIA, After Forever's FLOOR JANSEN and Epica's SIMONE SIMONS go at it. First to pins wins the whole shebang.

Match four is a DRUM RISER LADDER MATCH. The first person to climb up the ladder to grab the 20 pound drum riser, wins. Your combatants are Blind Guardian's HANSI KURSCH and Therion's KRISTOFFER JOHANSEN.

Then, a LEGENDS MATCH between two bitter rivals. The legndary OZZY OSBOURNE will take on, none other than RONNIE JAMES DIO.

Then, a match between two bitter enemies. This has been signed as a BARBED WIRE RING match. The combatants are former Pantera frontman, PHIL ANSELMO. He dons the tight and takes on, none other than the legendary VINNIE PAUL ABBOTT. They will have a special guest referee in the person of CACTUS JACK.

Next match will be an EIGHT-MAN BUNKHOUSE BRAWL. All eight combatants in the ring at the same time! The first team is the team of Nightwish's TUOMAS HOLOPAINEN, MARCO HIETALA and JUKKA NEVALAINEN, with Nightiwsh and Tarot Manager EWO POHOLA donning the tights. They take on the team of BETO VASQUEZ, ADRIAN BARILARI, his fellow Rata Blanca member WALTER GIARDINO, and their manager, MARCELO CABULI.

ANd, finally, the MAIN EVENT of the evening! A HARDCORE STREET FIGHT! NO Holds barred! NO Count Out! NO Disqualification! Falls count ANYWHERE in tthe State of Georgia! Tghis time, two legendary promoters don the tights. The Founder of ProgPower USA, GLENN HARVESTON, takes on the Founder of Milwaukee Metalfest, JACK KOSHICK. SPECIAL GUEST REFEREE, the one, the only, SABU.

Tickets on sale, Saturday, June 23rd. Get you tickets before they are all gone"

This was another creative piece by Ray C. Peace

Then, the ladies get their kicks and punches in in a BRA AND PANTIES FATAL FOUR-WAY as Evanescense's AMY LEE, Lacuna Coil's CRISTINA SCABBIA, After Forever's FLOOR JANSEN and Epica's SIMONE SIMONS go at it. First to pins wins the whole shebang.

Aren't bra and panty matches the one where they need to shed the others down to their bra & panties while keeping their own clothes on to win? Thought there was no pins in that.

And yes, a TLC match is a must.

Could Jeff Scott Soto be gracing the stage for a Queen tribute? It would fit with the karaoke and Glenn has stated that JSS was previously asked to perform this show at PP. At that time, JSS declined. Maybe now that he's free from Journey, he might reconsider. I can only hope. :)

Aren't bra and panty matches the one where they need to shed the others down to their bra & panties while keeping their own clothes on to win? Thought there was no pins in that.

And yes, a TLC match is a must.

Actually, they wrestle in bras and panties. As for a TLC (for those of you who don't know is Tables, Ladders and Chairs) match: I went for the more "old-school" stuff. I was actually dreaming up a scaffold match for one of them.:headbang:

Actually, they wrestle in bras and panties. As for a TLC (for those of you who don't know is Tables, Ladders and Chairs) match: I went for the more "old-school" stuff. I was actually dreaming up a scaffold match for one of them.:headbang:

actually Jibrille is correct - they start out with their usual attire on and they must strip their opponent down to their bra and panties to win the match. You were probably just envisioning all those beautiful ladies in their undergarments before the match even began! :p Good Call!

and by the way, who is KRISTOFFER JOHANSEN (Christofer Johnsson, maybe?) and why would he be in a drum riser match for Therion? Shouldn't it be the actual drummer for Therion - Petter Karlsson? *shrug* just curious.

I did enjoy reading this as an old-school pro wrestling fan. Great Job! :kickass:

and hey, I got your Scaffold Match covered... Teddy Moller (Loch Vostok, Wuthering Heights) in a KILT! :zombie: against an opponent of your choosing...

I'll be managing Teddy while wearing my own Kilt, so don't be surprised if I climb that scaffold and get involved at some point! GYAH! avert your eyes! LMAO! :lol:

:headbang:

actually Jibrille is correct - they start out with their usual attire on and they must strip their opponent down to their bra and panties to win the match. You were probably just envisioning all those beautiful ladies in their undergarments before the match even began! :p Good Call!

and by the way, who is KRISTOFFER JOHNSSON (Christofer Johnsson, maybe?) and why would he be in a drum riser match for Therion? Shouldn't it be the actual drummer for Therion - Petter Karlsson? *shrug* just curious.

I did enjoy reading this as an old-school pro wrestling fan. Great Job! :kickass:

and hey, I got your Scaffold Match covered... Teddy Moller (Loch Vostok, Wuthering Heights) in a KILT! :zombie: against an opponent of your choosing...

I'll be managing Teddy while wearing my own Kilt, so don't be surprised if I climb that scaffold and get involved at some point! GYAH! avert your eyes! LMAO! :lol:

:headbang:

That was based on CHRISTOFER Johnsson's problem with Blind Guardian on a show in Russia. A request to lower the drum riser was shot down by Kursch.

I thought you knew that. Johansen posted the statement on the Russian show on the Therion website.

My mistake on the name typo.

That was based on CHRISTOFER Johnsson's problem with Blind Guardian on a show in Russia. A request to lower the drum riser was shot down by Kursch.

I thought you knew that. Johansen posted the statement on the Russian show on the Therion website.

My mistake on the name typo.

no worries, man, I was just joshing you about the name. Hell, I had to look it up to make sure I spelled it right, and I'm one of their biggest fans! :oops: LOL

and yeah, I read about the whole drum riser issue but didn't make the connection since that was weeks ago and I've slept since then. Sorry.

I guess you don't have an opponent for my man, the Kilted Teddy Moller? :err:

if ya scared say ya scared! :p

no worries, man, I was just joshing you about the name. Hell, I had to look it up to make sure I spelled it right, and I'm one of their biggest fans! :oops: LOL

and yeah, I read about the whole drum riser issue but didn't make the connection since that was weeks ago and I've slept since then. Sorry.

I guess you don't have an opponent for my man, the Kilted Teddy Moller? :err:

if ya scared say ya scared! :p

I got it! How about Angus Young? Schoolboy vs the Scot?