what album is white rabbit on?

• Thread starter metallica sucks cock
  • Start date
M

metallica sucks cock

i have "into the mirror black"......and i must say nevermore is much better. but i really wanna hear white rabbit.

is it on refuge denied? how would you compare refuge to mirror?

Yes, White Rabbit is on Refuge Denied.
Refuge Denied is a bit more raw than Into the Mirror Black... actually, the production sounds almost identical to that of Megadeth's So Far, So Good... So What!, which is no coincidence considering it was produced by Dave Mustaine around the time of the release of SFSGSW using a lot of the same equipment.
It's an album definitely worth getting. I think most will agree that 'Battle Angels' is one of Warrel Dane's legendary vocal performances. Good luck singing along with that chorus. ;)

Well White Rabbit is indeed in "Refuge Denied" as co-neverhead White Rabbit already posted. I love all Sanctuary albums (+ "into the mirror live"), each for its own reasons. RD is what the power term in "Power Metal" definition is all about. Real power, astonishing vocal performance by my favorite singer of all times but production by Mustaine which i think is a drawback. Oh! Battle Angels don't really show WD's abilities. OK, i agree it is catchy and stuff but Veil of Disguise is WD at his finest for that time.
ITMB is loved for introducing intelligence in metal. Dark melodies given in such powerfull way had only been heard by helstar's "nosferatu". ITMB was a powerfull "power metal" album but it was an intelligent powerfull "power metal" album.
The two albums are equal imo. They are both one of the tops of US power metal...
And remember not to compare NVRMR to Sanctuary, the comparisson is not fair, since the guys who were listening to Sanctuary then are more likely to say (many of them anyway) that NVRMR are (please god don't make me write it. please. let thy will be done) sh..t (hmm! forgive me father, i just can't write something like this for NVRMR) not good compared to Sanctuary. It is all a matter of right timing...

hey metalized! i liked nevermore long before i knew sanctuary. and then i tried sanctuary and i loved them (love at the first sight was it nor but still....) and i think you can compare them at least in vocals. surely the guitarstyle is different :D but they all rule!

I get your point, but I don't think that you can say that these two bands have same style in guitar playing. I mean this is unfair for Jeff. And the rythm section? NVRMR aren't even power metal for fuck's sake.

didn'T i just say that their guitar-style is different?? at least i wanted to say it! surely nevermore aren't power metal...soemthing between PM trashmetal and prog....but sometimes they have really powerlike riffs.
and you can't logically compare their lyrics (which make imo a great part of music)

If he kills me i will come to hell and make your life really miserable. you must pray for me to stay alive so that you will minimize the chances of me coming soon to hell. and man, i will be coming for good!!!:devil:

I'm listening to ITMB right now and some of the songs could easily be off a Nevermore album. I don't think they differ as much as y'all say; Nevermore is just an extension and progression of the style that Sanctuary had. I believe Warrel even said that in an interview I read. Nevermore are what Sanctuary would've become if they hadn't broken up. I don't know any old Sanctuary fans that wouldn't dig Nevermore immediately. I had ITMB long before I ever heard of Nevermore and loved Nevermore from first listen. A lot of bands grow with each release, this one just happened to change it's name somewhere in the middle (and grow considerably). My $.02

Don't forget that NVRMR first depended on Sanctuary's success for them to be famous. Saying that you are SNCTR's continuation is a major attraction for ppl to at least listen to (if not buy) your albums.
OK some riffing might be reminissent of SNCTR, but the whole setting up of the two bands is of different approach. NVRMR are more experimental in many things with first being the vocal lines and following the rythm section.