What are some relatively good quality drum mics STANDS?

jsaudio

Dec 30, 2010
Hey guys need advice on what are probably the best drum mic stands for the buck. I want about 6-8 fairly heavy stands my cheap ones just aren't cutting it anymore.

Budget is preferably $50 or below per stand.
Help me out!

Thanks!!

Another vote for K&M, i have a bunch of K&M stands and they've always been solid. I had a few cheaper mic stands before that just didn't last long, then i got K&M and that's what i've been buying since and not one has failed me yet in 5 years.

Whatever you pick get something good, the little extra you pay compared to cheaper stands is well worth it if you want stands that will last you many years. Also for drums i would suggest getting 3 or 4 medium-short stands like these:

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/KM25900B

Those are the most used stands i got. They are small enough to get in tight spots, but the adjustable height and telescopic boom makes them so useful for snares, toms and spot mics. Great stands for cabs too, i find they're the perfect height for this too. The shorter non-adjustable ones are cool too for kick or under snare but these fully adjustable ones are more useful IMO because they can reach higher spots.

Yeah i love K&M too wee have a small amount at the studio i like them for over head stuff because there is a bar to tighten the main arm hinge instead of a rounded knob that i can never get tight enough and the mic droops, never a problem with k&m, i mean the bar visable here:

101902.jpg

we mainly use sennhesier stands though, and they are generally brilliant for anything except heavy overheads

Hey guys thanks for the replies, maybe a little more than i was hoping to spend, but it would be worth it in the long run. The K&M look cool Thanks for the extremely helpful replies