What can you see...

More_Leen

The Sad One.
Sep 2, 2009
Cracow
At first, I'd like to tell you something but I promiss, I'll do it shortly.
So... Everytime I listen to Katatonia, in my head create pictures, scenes, some fragments from my own videos connected with songs. What is more, I'm a synesthetic so sounds have shapes and colours somewhere deep in my head.

I thought you can "see" things too while listening to music and it doesn't mean I want only synesthetics to write here about it. Just close your eyes and imagine something. Memories, some scenes from you life, your dreams.

I'll start to give you an example.

"Wait outside". The chorus. I can see one man standing in the night in an empty street. It's cold and it just stopped raining. He's not moving but clouds over him are like the sea and look like grey, rough waves. The picture is still disturbed by scenes with someone running through the bridge and burning it. Everything in dark, grey colours.

So... what can you see while listening to... some fragment of "My Twin"?

Sounds cool. I also have synesthesia, so I can relate.

Usually when I listen to a song, it's not so much a scene of events as it's an atmosphere. For example, when I hear Rainroom I feel like it's actually raining. Songs like My Twin and Code Against The Code might have a strong red sound, whereas songs like Soil's Song (Krister Linder 2012 Remix), My Twin (Opium Dub), Deliberation and Forsaker have a green tinge. Unfurl sounds blue to me, while In The White is yellow. Of course, synesthesia varies between person to person, so it's not unlikely that others might perceive the same songs completely differently than me.

Yeah, colours :) That's what I "see" when count... Every number has its own colour and they're in a strange space... And because of that I can not count well :rofl:

July is like a swing. Especially the rythm, don't you think? Cold, bright garden and old swing. But no one rocks.
When Jonas sings with voices in the background, there are many lines in many colours running somewhere and falling down while he stops.