What did you buy and how much did you spend?

WYVERN! Wowza, how much did you end up spending on that gigantic haul?

As always more than I should or could. But since I hadn't buy a single album since May and this event happens once a year...or more in my case :cry:

Besides the prices were astoundingly good, you must remember that by being there already I save a lot in S&H to Costa Rica, so it worth the money, specially with bands like Ossian and Hexenhaus (how come nobody got those?, thankfully :worship:).

mëtålspëd;8547654 said:
Not one single item. I am sure Ken Golden was pretty pissed about this :lol:... a rare year for me, for sure.

Ah, so that's the reason he looked so pissed :lol::lol:

I bought:

CD's:

Redemption "Snowfall on Judgment Day"
Mindflow "Destructive Device"
Rob Rock DVD
Futures End
Jon Olivas Pain "Global Warming"
Silent Memorial "Cosmic Handball"
Katagory V "Hymns of Dissension"

Shirts:

Crimson Glory
Circus Maximus
Fates Warning
Futures End
Rob Rock
Krucible
ProgPower
Pagans Mind (hoodie and work shirt)
More I think...but can't remember at the moment :erk:

Illusion Suite: Final Hour
Jorn: Spirit Black, Lonely Are The Brave, The Gathering
Flashback of Anger: Splinters of life
Redemption: Snowfall
Stormwarrior: Heading North
Redemption: Snowfall on Judgment Day
Porcupine Tree: The Incident
Apocrypha The Forgotten Scroll ( thank god this finally came out again!)
Mind Key - Pulse For A Graveheart
Seventh Wonder - Mercy Falls
Newest Avian
newest Cloudscape
Machines of Grace
Tyr
ProgPower t-shirt
ProgPower 7 dvd
Progpower 8 dvd
new Riverside
The Porcupine Tree ...The Incident

thats just for starters! I spent in excess of $500 on merch this year even though I planned to limit my self to $200ish.

Ona sweet note...Walked in to work yesterday morning to pick up last weeks check. I notice that there is a tax deduction on it for a bonus...so I decided to ask a few questions around the store... As I'm digging deeper into the mystery, the Boss walks up to me and hands me a check...A BONUS CHECK!!!!...after I was told last year that I would not receive a bonus due to the company cutting back.Even though it was 1/3 of last years, it covered everything that I spent this year and left me with about $500 to gamble on the ponies Wed & Thurs....awesome!

Okay, here's my haul from the TWO-weekend endurance marathon for me. :)

From Dragon*Con

: Pandora Celtica : F'in Sharp! : purchased at Dragon*Con 2009
: Pandora Celtica : Dog Party in the Key of Swinging Cats : purchased at Dragon*Con 2009
: Faith and the Muse : Evidence of Heaven : A kind gift from the artist at Dragon*Con 2009
: Richards, Monica : InfraWarrior : A kind gift from the artist at Dragon*Con 2009
: Emerald Rose : That Night in the Garden : A kind gift from the artist at Dragon*Con 2009
: Faith and the Muse : :tatsu: : A kind gift from the artist at Dragon*Con 2009
: Spider Lilies : Cyclogenesis : A kind gift from the artist at Dragon*Con 2009
: Mercer, Paul : The Hands of Orlac (1926) : A kind gift from the artist at Dragon*Con 2009
: Paul Mercer and Bruce Bennett : Erotikon : A kind gift from the artist at Dragon*Con 2009
: Gunn, Marc : Happy Songs of Death : A kind gift from the artist at Dragon*Con 2009
: Hellblinki : Oratory : A kind gift from the artist at Dragon*Con 2009
: Cruxshadows, The : Quicksilver : A kind gift from the artist at Dragon*Con 2009

From ProgPower USA X

: Necrogod : A Taste of Evil : 2-song free demo handed out at ProgPower USA X
: Various Artists : ProgPower USA X CD Showcase
: Tyr : By the Light of the Northern Star
: Tyr : How Far To Asgaard
: Tyr : Ragnarok
: Various : Warriors of Metal Fest CD sampler
: Division : 2-song advance promo
: Various : ProgPower USA VII -- The CD : (freebie for ordering the 2009 DVD)
: Korpiklaani : Karkelo
: Graveworm : Diabolical Figures
: Ex Deo : Romulus
: Epica : The Classical Conspiracy
: Various : Nuclear Blast -- Music Assault 2009
: Various : Century Media -- A Carnival of Sounds
: Cloakwheel : The Crooked Path You've Drawn
: Edgend : A New Indentity
: Futures End : Memoirs of a Broken Man
: Narnia : Course of a New Generation
: Seventh Wonder : Mercy Falls
: Andromeda : The Immunity Zone
: Auvernia : Towards Eternity
: Orphaned Land : The Beloved's Cry
: Camel : Mirage
: Oresund Space Collective : Inside Your Head
: Future Kings of England, The : The Viewing Point
: MindFlow : Just the Two of Us...Me And Them
: Diablo Swing Orchestra : Singalong Songs for the Damned and Delirious
: Arjen Lucassen's Guilt Machine : On This Perfect Day
: Illusion Suite : Final Hour
: Canvas Solaris : Cortical Tectonics
: Canvas Solaris : Penumbra Diffuse
: Canvas Solaris : The Atomized Dream
: Riverside : Anno Domini High Definition
: Redemption : Snowfall On Judgement Day
: ProgPower USA X t-shirt (thanks to Glenn, who saved the day)
: ProgPower USA X DVD pre-order
: Nightmare Festival t-shirt (freebie for buying stuff there, or maybe "just 'cause" :))

Too much money that's for sure. My goal was to spend 300 at the fest. I spent 400. Grrrr. Thanks a lot Laser's Edge. Here we go though:

Shirts:
Primal Fear
PPUSA X
Crimson Glory - Transcendence
Fates Warning
Orphaned Land
Pagan's Mind
Brainstorm

CDS
Future's End
Edguy - Vain Glory Opera, Savage Poetry, Kingdom of Madness (More than half the reason I went over budget as I've been looking for these FOREVER!!!)
Guilt Machine Deluxe
Both DSO Cds
New Redemption CD
Royal Hunt- Land of Broken Hearts, Fear, Moving Target, Eyewitness
New Mindflow
Savatage - Fight for the Rock, Poets and Madmen
Shaman- Ritual
Orphaned Land- The Beloved Cry
Vanden Plas- Beyond Daylight
Midnight - Sakada
Pain of Salvation - One Hour By the Concrete Lake
Therion- The Miskolc Experience CD/DVD

Pain of Salvation - One Hour By the Concrete Lake

You can say what you want about PoS -- and around here, believe me, people will! :) -- but those copies of One Hour and Entropia for $5 at Laser's Edge were an outright steal. Two of their best efforts for $10. Throw in The Perfect Element (at any price, from anywhere) and you're done.

No kiddin.' I almost picked up a copy of each "just because." (I already own both; picked up One Hour at PP Europe in 1999.)

But I dropped a shit-ton* of money at Ken's tables this year, so I passed. And if the prog-rock CDs he selected for me don't kick my ass, well, then. There Will Be Trouble. :lol:

-=-=-=-
* an amount of money slightly larger than a 'buttload,' but significantly smaller than a 'fuck-ton'

Unfortunately, between my four teenagers and a new granddaughter, plus recovering from 9 months of unemployment, a very meager haul:
2 PP shirts
1 FW shirt
Redemption - ""Snowfall On Judgement Day"

Next year will be better!

ProgPower USA DVDs/CD

Tees:
Running Wild - Under Jolly Roger $20
Pagan's Mind - $20-25?

CDs:
Porcupine Tree - The Incident - $?
Porcupine Tree - On Sunday Of Life (title correction?) $?
Whiplash - Insult To Injury 12$
Toxik - World Circus $10

Last two cds - cheers to one of the guys who recomended them to me @ Setinel Steel (name correction?) area

Wanted to get the Paul Gilbert - Live In Studio but lance king wouldn't let me take it for 10$ :p
Wanted Magenta - 2007 DVD, Artillery 4 cd pack/collection, older Devin Townsend
Tempted to get Return to Forever dvd along with Hiromi Uehara dvd.

Like most of you I wanted to buy like half of the merchandise room .. try and limit that to a few cds of ProgPower and its near impossible for me. Thus I went for different genres.

Had I had the money I would've bought a bunch more, but budget constraints kept me to:

PPX shirt
Savage Grace - The Dominatress/Master of Disguise boot from the always worthwhile Exploding Ned's
Brocas Helm - Black Death & The Lamp of Thoth - EP from Sentinel Steel
Agathodaimon - Phoenix, Rebellion - Arise: Tales of Vikings pt. 3, and Cage - Hell Destroyer from CM

that's it, all told, about $115

Ken Golden has evil running through his veins. The prices on some of the older stuff was a steal, the new merch that is proudly displayed every year is like hanging crack cubes out for the junkies! I intend to spend a certain amount every year, but I end up doubling the expense due to Ken and his legion of evil. And to make matters worse, my pre-amp has fried and I am without stereo until I can save up some money for a new piece! Life is cruel.

Ken Golden has evil running through his veins. The prices on some of the older stuff was a steal, the new merch that is proudly displayed every year is like hanging crack cubes out for the junkies! I intend to spend a certain amount every year, but I end up doubling the expense due to Ken and his legion of evil. And to make matters worse, my pre-amp has fried and I am without stereo until I can save up some money for a new piece! Life is cruel.

Then Sentinel Steel runs a sale, then CDInzane runs a sale...

I end up using the first day to pick up what I NEED to get, then I wait to see what the second day has to offer and pick up what I can get a deal on (or any current or future PP attendee CD)

That is normally why I do a majority of my shopping on Friday because as soon as they announce the bands for next year, some of the vendors jack up their prices on their cd's. That is the one mistake that I made last year.