What Did You Say Asgier? You're The Only One Left!?

Everyone could see this coming. He took over the bass and also some guitar on Epic, and then it was only a small step to take over in Borknagar, kick out every member with short hair and turn it into a solo project. However, Oystein is giving in as hard as he can, thus for legal reasons from the next album Borknagar will be renamed to 'Asgeir Mickelson's Project B'.

Since Øystein is always 3 albums ahead (and the fact that I'm the only one left in the band with long hair) I hijacked the band and kicked everyone out. I now have 3 albums worth of Ø-material, but after that, when I release MY take on Borknagar, it will of course crush everything else on this planet. And, don't worry - I sing a lot better than the three former singers. A lot better.

- Asgeir

asgeir said:
Since Øystein is always 3 albums ahead (and the fact that I'm the only one left in the band with long hair) I hijacked the band and kicked everyone out. I now have 3 albums worth of Ø-material, but after that, when I release MY take on Borknagar, it will of course crush everything else on this planet. And, don't worry - I sing a lot better than the three former singers. A lot better.

- Asgeir

i wonder how one makes that O with the slash through it...

Necramentia said:
i wonder how one makes that O with the slash through it...
Or highlight one that has already been posted by someone else and do a copy (Ctrl+C). Now paste (Ctrl+V) it wherever you need it. Such as here Ø or here Ø. This way of doing it is called "lazy" :Spin:

but Asgier.... Oystein IS borknagar... he makes all the music... you'd need to keep the same type of music.... like what oystien and vintersorg have in common with their music.... you can't just start anew.... it wouldn't be borknagar if you changed everything... take Dimmu Borgir for example... the only two members who have stayed are the Shagrath and Silenoz and they always make the same music over and over usually more melodic than raw each time but still has the same sounds and themes.... you must keep that Asgier please... for me..... :D and everyone else .... i guess..... :Smug:

Genesis_Torn_Quintessence said:
but Asgier.... Oystein IS borknagar... he makes all the music... you'd need to keep the same type of music.... like what oystien and vintersorg have in common with their music.... you can't just start anew.... it wouldn't be borknagar if you changed everything... take Dimmu Borgir for example... the only two members who have stayed are the Shagrath and Silenoz and they always make the same music over and over usually more melodic than raw each time but still has the same sounds and themes.... you must keep that Asgier please... for me..... :D and everyone else .... i guess..... :Smug:

Lets just kill him and find someone else to beat on those drums!

He'll be sleepin' with the fishes, or something.

Genesis_Torn_Quintessence said:
Heh, although when they added Simen the music went up a notch..imo..

Kanyon said:
Or highlight one that has already been posted by someone else and do a copy (Ctrl+C). Now paste (Ctrl+V) it wherever you need it. Such as here Ø or here Ø. This way of doing it is called "lazy" :Spin:
tried this on linux but it did not work hahahaha Ø oh it works :)

Mormagil said:
More Spiral Architect, dammit!
Yeah, I often wonder what the hell is taking so much time... I mean all the members are active in one or another band, so I do not see any logical reason not to make the new album....well maybe they are afraid of not being able to make one that surpasses 'A sceptic's universe'
I'm afraid of that too... :)

Or maybe Asgeir hijacked that band too, and the members that appear as session musicans in other bands are just cyborgs or clones to keep the myth alive. This is why they always wear make ups as session members (like in Satyricon...)

genesis torn sounds like a moronic fanboy.

doompiper: one would hope so, seeing them in the states would be nice.