What do I use to make this sound?

nwright

Apr 19, 2005
New Castle, Indiana
www.myspace.com
Like the sound from the beginning of the title track of God Forbid VI:Constitution of Treason...Right as the intro is ending and the song kicks in.

Sounds like white noise or something that gradually builds up and gets louder. Metallica used it on some of their older stuff and I've heard it on other albums as well.

Hard to describe, white noise or a reverse cymbal crash is as close as I can get, but it has more thickness than a simple cymbal crash.

Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Yeah, that's the song...Right as the musical intro kick into the main riff, the noise that builds up.

I guess I don't hear a car or plane type of noise, just thick ass white noise...I'll look up some plane or car samples and see what I get.

In the past I've approximated it with reversed cymbal hits, but it never has that thickness.

Yeah, I know what you mean - it's like a super thick ass reverse cymbal fade in, but I think you could get close with an airplane flyby and some tweaking. Maybe even like... a Bazooka shot from some movie or something.

yeah, a canon or bazooka shot may work...Our bass player has some video footage of that stuff, maybe I could sample the audio...

Another place I've heard the sound was on that old show "A Current Affair", for you US peeps, if you remember...Whenever the logo would come on the screen, it would be rotating around from a distance and "hit" the screen. Building up to when it hit the screen, you'd kinda hear the same noise.

Kinda like a "whhhhaaaaaap" sound, lol.