what do ya think

Dalinkwent48@aim.com

Be Creative, Get Laid
Apr 7, 2009
Jersey
I just got a mix back from a buddy of mine about a week ago that i had programmed drums for...i didnt do any of the mixing or anything just programmed the midi pattern and sent it off to him...its not metal either but its a "hip hop to rock remix" which im not a big fan of but will happily take whatever work comes my way...anyway what do u guys think of the drumming on it?

Welcome to Nj

its a very nice all around mix BUT the drums have your standard machine gun effect example on the snare. its not humanized enough. go to your drum programmer and turn down the snare and keep everything else up at full volume. mix it down, then go back to your daw, turn down everything and turn up the snare and mix down.

you'll be left with drums (ex snare) and snare (ex drums) 2 .wav's

take the snare wav file and trigger it off with several different snare samples at random intervals to give it a more natural tonality and hit feel or load it into drumtracker, convert it to midi and load that into example superior drummer on the snare to get a pre produced humanized snare with room mics etc

A good idea but a bit redundant in the way you're doing it.

Simply duplicate the MIDI track, open an instance of Superior or similar.

Set the ouput of this new duped MIDI track to Superior.

Start a new kit in superior and just load the SNARE only (if that's all you want to do).

Then you can mix the Superior w/the original if you want and know how its going to sound immediately or use ONLY Superior.

There are many other ways to do this but I just wanted to make it clear that there are easier methods out there!

well i dont have superior lol and i didnt handle the mixing...the guy i sent it to wanted to "automate the dynamics" and said he wanted it to machine gun so that he can mess with it so i literally just programmed it and sent it to him i didnt do anything else to it...i dont hear much of a difference from what i sent him so i def hear what u guys are talking about...i was just asking how the programming in general is