What do you guys think about the Roadrunner Collaboration!

VEHEMENCE

Helping The World To See
Jan 3, 2002
Phoenix, Arizona U.S.A.
www.myspace.con
ROADRUNNER UNITED: JOEY JORDISON/GLEN BENTON Collaboration Posted Online - Sep. 13, 2005 Another track from the upcoming ROADRUNNER UNITED "The All-Star Sessions" CD, entitled "Annihilation by the Hands of God", has been made available for streaming at Roadrun.com.

This full-length release, in stores on October 11, 2005, is a "master class" in hard rock/metal. Boasting 57 artists from 45 of Roadrunner's past and present bands, the album will contain original tracks that are collaborations between numerous Roadrunner stars.

Four central musicians were originally chosen to produce and write the songs. Joey Jordison (SLIPKNOT), Dino Cazares (ex-FEAR FACTORY/BRUJERIA), Robert Flynn (MACHINE HEAD) and Matthew Heafy (TRIVIUM). These four musicians play on the songs they have written and have also assembled a unique team of artists to appear on each track. In order to cover as wide a spectrum as possible, no musician has played for more than one writer/producer and each song features a different vocalist.

Written and produced by Jordison, "Annihilation by the Hands of God" features Glen Benton (DEICIDE) on vocals, Matt DeVries (CHIMAIRA) and Rob Barrett (CANNIBAL CORPSE, ex-MALEVOLENT CREATION) on rhythm guitar, James Murphy (ex-TESTAMENT, DEATH, OBITUARY) on lead guitar, Steve DiGiorgio (TESTAMENT, SADUS) on fretless bass, and Jordison on drums.

Commented Jordison: "I had the idea of using Glen Benton on the song before even writing anything. However, instead of writing a typical death metal song, I wanted to do something a little more structured, even hooky, while still maintaining death metal and blast beat aspects."

The result is a technical piece of death metal filled with the individual personalities of members from the bands DEICIDE, CHIMAIRA, MALEVOLENT CREATION, DEATH, and SADUS...and of course, SLIPKNOT, as Joey himself had written the song prior to the members from the above bands coming to town to record.

"Steve comes out of left field, he's one of a kind," Joey explained. "Rob (guitar) contributed greatly to a black metal tone of the song with his guitar parts over the blast beat sections, and Matt with his picking style. Each guy had their own staple on how their parts of the song should go, all of which helped with the overall feel of the song."

When asked for a favorite part of the song, Joey had no comment. "I write songs as a whole, with sections that move from one part to another and all make sense together in some way," he said.

"I couldn't be happier with it," Jordison concluded. "Probably the favorite song I did...though, hard to pick as each of the four are so different from one another."

For the complete details on "The All-Star Sessions" CD, click here.

Check out the details on this shit, I think this is going to be a very awesome cd package to have, its fucking creative as fuck. All the musicians are basically working all together, and should be interesting how all of these songs will sound. I never thought a project like this would occur. This song, sounds pretty bad ass, check it out!

I'm really only interested in the two death metal songs and the one that Akerfeldt does vocals on. The first track they released with Howard Jones and the guy from Trivium was just boring.

Yeah, I'm only interested in the songs with the guys from Suffocation, Deicide, Type O Negative or Fear Factory. The other shit is probably all nu-metal garbage. Why didn't they use anyone from Malevolent Creation or Gorguts? Because Roadrunner Records is fucking gay!

-Vince

"Toilets are in outer space"

it's not supposed to be a death metal compilation...it's an all around roadrunner compilation. and yeah I probably won't like most of it, but that first song with flynn and the guy from killswitch was catchy.