What do you guys think of these songs?

They sound very unrehearsed. Also, it sounds like the drummer is overplaying...take away the cymbals.

I'd be interested in hearing what this sounds like with a little better production (PM me and I'll be happy to recommend some consumer recording software that can be used) and more rehearsal. Otherwise, while the sound is a little more "Power Metal" than what I would normally listen to, it sounds like you've got a definite direction that you want to go.

im a fan of really raw production so the the sound quality gets a 5/5.
Defining Moments 4/5
Evil or Divine 4/5
my only critizim is the singing. i think the singer shouldnt sing so operatectic. thats the only thing keep these 2 songs from being a 5/5. i suggest the vocals should be normal like paul dianno or high like king diamond. thoes 2 vocals styles would really fit the music better and sound better.

Al Bundy said:
im a fan of really raw production so the the sound quality gets a 5/5.
Defining Moments 4/5
Evil or Divine 4/5
my only critizim is the singing. i think the singer shouldnt sing so operatectic. thats the only thing keep these 2 songs from being a 5/5. i suggest the vocals should be normal like paul dianno or high like king diamond. thoes 2 vocals styles would really fit the music better and sound better.

Thanks for the compliments :) ... The singer can sing pretty high aswell. We played Into the pit, painkiller and ressurection and he pulled it off pretty well. We'll experiment with that on our next band practice. :)

images and words said:
Thanks for the compliments :) ... The singer can sing pretty high aswell. We played Into the pit, painkiller and ressurection and he pulled it off pretty well. We'll experiment with that on our next band practice. :)

k
:headbang:

Al Bundy said:
dont zap em

I concur. Cymbals should be used as an accent, not a reliance. Tell your drummer to back off on the use of the cymbals...even if it means that you have to take away his cymbal stands. :D

Black Core said:
can't you hear it's way to busy with them?

sumairetsu said:
I concur. Cymbals should be used as an accent, not a reliance. Tell your drummer to back off on the use of the cymbals...even if it means that you have to take away his cymbal stands. :D

He wouldnt like that :p ... Well recently he hasnt done the cymbals in the beginning of Evil or devine. That take was from dec 4th.

images and words said:
He wouldnt like that :p ... Well recently he hasnt done the cymbals in the beginning of Evil or devine. That take was from dec 4th.

Most drummers don't but, sometimes, they need the discipline. :heh:

the only thing fault is the vocals but they said theyd work on it. cymbles are fine. its bout to work its ways to perfection.

n/p Der Tod Muotans by Burzum

Ok, if you want an honest opinion here it is. Firstly, and obviously, you even acknowledged this yourself, the production is pathetic. But let's look past that.
The drummer has some shitty timing if I ever heard it, every fill he plays he loses the beat and the rest of the band seem to be playing catchup. Not that anyone else in the band has good timing anyway. The guitars all sound like shit. Firstly you guys need to go and have a luthier set your guitars up professionally. The intonation is shit and I'm sure your guitars all have some serious warping and setup problems. Not only that but you are all out of tune with each other. The vocals are shit too, sorry to say. Once again the intonation is terrible, the timber like a dying cat. Send your vocalist off to get some voice training or hire someone else.
So over-all, on the technical points ,shitty timing, bad intonation, out of relative tune, you guys have a lot of work to do. As far as the songs go, well that's all a matter of opinion, but here is mine for what it's worth. I IV V progressions are nothing to get excited about. Honestly you guys sound like a bunch of drunks who can't play or some kids belting it out in the garage. I suggest if you want to get serious to get some lessons and learn how to play properly tuned instuments in time. It's no good trying to be technical if you have no technique.

Good luck

[edit] Also, I suggest everyone in the band needs to get a metronome immediately.

And by the way, I would ignore everything these other boneheads are telling you too.

Nothinggod said:
Ok, if you want an honest opinion here it is. Firstly, and obviously, you even acknowledged this yourself, the production is pathetic. But let's look past that.
The drummer has some shitty timing if I ever heard it, every fill he plays he loses the beat and the rest of the band seem to be playing catchup. Not that anyone else in the band has good timing anyway. The guitars all sound like shit. Firstly you guys need to go and have a luthier set your guitars up professionally. The intonation is shit and I'm sure your guitars all have some serious warping and setup problems. Not only that but you are all out of tune with each other. The vocals are shit too, sorry to say. Once again the intonation is terrible, the timber like a dying cat. Send your vocalist off to get some voice training or hire someone else.
So over-all, on the technical points ,shitty timing, bad intonation, out of relative tune, you guys have a lot of work to do. As far as the songs go, well that's all a matter of opinion, but here is mine for what it's worth. I IV V progressions are nothing to get excited about. Honestly you guys sound like a bunch of drunks who can't play or some kids belting it out in the garage. I suggest if you want to get serious to get some lessons and learn how to play properly tuned instuments in time. It's no good trying to be technical if you have no technique.

Good luck

[edit] Also, I suggest everyone in the band needs to get a metronome immediately.

Thanks for your honest opinion. Just for the record, its only one guitar (w/ Keyboards, bass). I’m guessing you were referring to defining moments when you said “I IV V progressions are nothing to…” And yea, it doesn’t sound very professional. Some of the lack of timing has a lot to do with the lack of rehearsal. Usually it would just me, the guitarist and the drummer, so we didn’t rehearse enough as a group, and it’s clearly noticeable in Defining Moments. I’m sure we have a lot to learn, particularly myself. I’ve been only playing(keyboards) for a little over a year, so I’ve got a lot to learn, but I’d say I’m getting better gradually I was planning on taking lessons this summer, once the school semester ends. I already have a metronome on my keyboard, I think the others do have one as well but I’m not sure. That take was from 4 months ago, I’ll try to upload a better and more recent version soon (maybe over the next few weeks) and you guys can give your opinion on how were progressing, if were progressing at all.