what do you guys think? (orchestral metal)

bodom578

Jul 31, 2005
i'm trying to get general opinions on my music (don't really have anyone to show it to lol) here's a new song i wrote, just want to get feedback.

the mixing is not up to par with what you guys post......in fact it was mixed through some shitty headphones....i just recorded this to get the idea out and recorded to see how it sounded. thanks in advance.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8091519

OK, throw this in the Rate my mix section next time. :)
This is coming from a Death Metal head. It was bland, lifeless and predictable and at times robotic. The first 30 odd seconds were all right, but then just basically loops with distorted guitars, I was humming a bar ahead and basically knew what was coming up next and that is a recipe for boredomness! :)

Id stop the over and over root notes and opt for a different avenue with challenging melodies. Those orchestral sounds over the distorted stuff sounds like it is a 5 year old learning to play a scale slowly, no feel or vibrato. i just couldnt get into it after the first 20 seconds and it lead me nowhere really fast, but thats why yourself and myself post here to get feedback. Please dont take it as an insult, I am a death metal head remember, so I ears may be the fucked up part to all this! :lol:

Do you have the Guitar pro file? I wanna add/fix/rearrange if you dont mind..

Edit: untitled 219032 is good !

What are you using for Synth?

In fact you may have trouble with some people (especially Lee Ji-soo and Choi Seung-hyun) who wrote the OST of the "Old Boy" movie by Park Chan-Wook because it's exactly the same stuff as the opening track/main theme (Piano and chords, scale and harmony), you have just put some guitars on it ...
Try something else !

This is coming from a Death Metal head. It was bland, lifeless and predictable and at times robotic. The first 30 odd seconds were all right, but then just basically loops with distorted guitars, I was humming a bar ahead and basically knew what was coming up next and that is a recipe for boredomness!

Id stop the over and over root notes and opt for a different avenue with challenging melodies. Those orchestral sounds over the distorted stuff sounds like it is a 5 year old learning to play a scale slowly, no feel or vibrato. i just couldnt get into it after the first 20 seconds and it lead me nowhere really fast, but thats why yourself and myself post here to get feedback. Please dont take it as an insult, I am a death metal head remember, so I ears may be the fucked up part to all this!

lol i don't take it as an insult i wouldn't have posted it here if i wasn't ready for real criticism, but as far as the "lifelessness" of it guess you could say, might be because of it being programmed in guitarpro with no velocities adjusted or anything. usually i play the parts myself, but my midi controller has been out of service for the past few weeks:(

Do you have the Guitar pro file? I wanna add/fix/rearrange if you dont mind..

Edit: untitled 219032 is good !

What are you using for Synth?

hey man, no offense but i just don't want to send my music around...i don't know...maybe i'm weird

but thankyou for the comment on my other song, on that song i believe i used EWQL gold and voices of the apocolypse. i've had to swith back to my older version of EWQL silver becuase apparently the gold version isn't compatible with reaper (you might've been able to hear a couple of "skips" in some of the instruments) so it kkinda sucks that i spent all that money on EWQL gold and it pretty much useless to me until eastwest finally releases the fix for it...

In fact you may have trouble with some people (especially Lee Ji-soo and Choi Seung-hyun) who wrote the OST of the "Old Boy" movie by Park Chan-Wook because it's exactly the same stuff as the opening track/main theme (Piano and chords, scale and harmony), you have just put some guitars on it ...
Try something else !

really!?!?!?! i looked around trying to find the piece you're talking about but i couldn't find anything that sounded like what i wrote. i've never heard anything from this movie...

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1lo7u4vDXs&feature=related[/ame]

It's just the opening track, try to find that awesome movie and it's OST, you may like it...