What do you prefer to play bloodbath with?

I won't list all my guitars.
I play Bloodbath with this:
KE2_Kelly_md.jpg

Mine's black though :( No pretty transparent finish for me.

yo nuk3m.....hows the A6?...i was actually thinking of buying the A4 since im not a huge fan of 5 and 6 strings, though i tried the A6 on a 100watt cheap peavy amp didint like the punch as much as an ibanez sr-506, but i got friends who recommend that cort over the sr ibanez anytime

cheers

Doom Monk said:
yo nuk3m.....hows the A6?...i was actually thinking of buying the A4 since im not a huge fan of 5 and 6 strings, though i tried the A6 on a 100watt cheap peavy amp didint like the punch as much as an ibanez sr-506, but i got friends who recommend that cort over the sr ibanez anytime

cheers

Usually peavey gear only gets good when you fork out the dosh for it.

Ive owned a A4, A5, and A6. They are punchy not as much as some, i dont know how much in comparison to the ibanez's that well only played a BTB for 20 minutes in a shop and a high up SR for about 10.

Though its not to say you cant get them to be very punchy. I have a laney combo and just up the gain and bass and mids abit and you got all the punch you want.

The As just resonate a big fat bassey growl because of the through neck and the wood its made out of. Also the Barts in it are very warm and gives it a flavor most basses are missing. For this reason im not going to even buy an all tube bass head in the near future, i got all the warmth i needs.

I do know the ibanez would definatly not have the growl that the Artisans have. I have played a BTB which has the same PU's as the corts but it didnt growl at all or punch, the sound was flat. Its because of construction and love that goes into making the things.

Although if you want shitloads of punch get a Ken Smith Design proto 70s J bass. Fairly cheap aswell. The ibanez's tend to sound bland to me, no depth to the sound. The Corts are flavoured and very flexable in the sound you want.

Id go with the cort. I use my A6 for recording perposes because its just perfect sound wise. I have a Cort Curbow 6 on its way for my live work (same PU but much lighter weight)

PS The A6 weights quite abit, the A4 does not:Spin: .

yes.... the price is really what makes a guitar impressive or not, right dark exile?

at least you got a dozillion dollar guitar! you the man!!!

:D

Hey, just because it's an epiphone doesn't mean it's complete crap.

My lead guitarist has a Musicman 7 string John Petrucci Signature Guitar... handmade, custom wound pickups, piezo system, the whole nine yards. It cost him over $2000 USD.

My guitar I bought for $539 and replaced the nut on it, which set me back $45.

I can still draw better tone from my Iommi sig than he can with his Petrucci sig, and he even admits that.

It doesn't matter what the headstock or the pricetag says, what makes a guitar impressive, is the tone and playability.

I am the local Esp Dealer man.
You cant find a good tone at a cheap guitar.

There is two reasons.
1-Pickups...
2-Body Material

For a good tone guitar must have one of expensive pickups of Dimarzio or Seymour Duncan.If you want overdrive tone,guitar must have Humbucking pickups.But if your opinion is a good clean tone you have prefer HSS or SSS.Well after buying it you can install new pickups.

Also for a good clean tone body material must be a quality tree.For example Maple.

Sorry..but without money its hard to get a good guitar.

The simple fact is, price or features don't dictate tone and sonic quality as much as the player does.

I could name ten top guitarists who have great tone, and get such great tone with a Fender Strat.

and by your logic, everyone should get expensive guitars, right? There's a reason why Americans don't trust Ed Roman. His in shop built guitars are some of the most expensive in the world, and yet they've gotten horrible, horrible reviews.

Also, the strat is still the most widely used guitar model, and it still gives pros good tone.

My bassist has a Kramer strat copy starter guitar. He can draw better tone off that thing than a petrucci model.

A price difference of $1700 USD in tone, with the $300 piece of shit strat copy winning in the tone department.

Price doesn't dictate a good guitar but the wood the guitar is made from makes quite a difference and pick-ups make a big difference. Although a good guitarist can make anything sound good :p

cyberfella said:
Although a good guitarist can make anything sound good :p

Then play this.

customstrat4vv.jpg

Fender Stratocaster and Epiphone Sg is different from each other.You cant find a American Stratocaster for 600 usd.Especially Deluxe ones.
Also most of those strats that "top ten guitarists"plays are Custom.

If you want to be a professional you will need a good axe.

dark_Exile said:
Then play this.

customstrat4vv.jpg

Fender Stratocaster and Epiphone Sg is different from each other.You cant find a American Stratocaster for 600 usd.Especially Deluxe ones.
Also most of those strats that "top ten guitarists"plays are Custom.

If you want to be a professional you will need a good axe.

if you send me that guitar, I'll play it, use it on recordings, and I'll use it live as well.

I have found an American made strat for 500, brand new, at my local shop, and given that most of the strats that people play are custom shopped, they didn't start on custom shops!

Eric Clapton's 'Blackie' was bought in a store, not a custom shop. Hendrix's strat wasn't custom shopped, and neither was John Mayer's. Let's not forget David Gilmour of Pink Floyd, who owns the very first Strat ever made.

The axe doesn't make the pro, the talent does.

I used to do all death metal stuff with my Gibson Les Paul studio tuned C. Today however, I am a sevenstringer, using my Schecter 007 Elite. Plays like a dream. I also have a standard tune japanese Ibanez RG450 I use for some stuff, mostly only while wanting to play with the whammy-bar though ;p