What do you think about this?

controldenied

New Metal Member
Mar 22, 2004
well....karmaggedon released a new cd called Chuck Schuldiner - Zero Tolerance.........here is what they said

"No, this is not the new Control Denied-album, no this is not a new Death-recording. These recordings are a very cool Control Denied-rehearsal. Nearly 30 minutes new and rough Control Denied-material, recorded on 16 tracks with Chuck on guitar (and an overdub on a second guitar, plus solo-guitar) and Richard Christy (these days member of Iced Earth) on drums. We think the recordings sound great and we did our ultimate best in mastering them. Track 5, 6 and 7 are the “Infernal Death” demo from 1985 and track 8, 9 and 10 are the “Mutilation” demo from 1986. So all in all an hour of Chuck Schuldiner at the sad end of his great career and in the very early years when everybody could already hear something very special was coming. What will happen with the “real” Control Denied album? Maybe ask the Schuldiner-family about that, we simply do not know and they refuse to tell us sad enough. Anyway, enjoy, if you are a Chuck Schuldiner, Death or Control Denied-fan you will like this… "

I think this really sucks I hope the Control Denied album gets finished some day

so when will it be available for download from emptywords.org? i'm really starting to think chuck's mom is full of crap. i've heard that the family has the all the master tapes of the new control denied and everything.

if karmaggedon has the legal right to release control denied and death demos, all the power to it. i don't really feel like paying $20 for four control denied songs, but i will if empty words doesn't put it up for download soon. i'd prefer not listening to tim's vocals, etc. chuck on all the guitars and christy on the drums is the way i'd like to hear the entire album.

...just listened to the cd and it is absolutely killer! i must admit to having dismissed control denied as a second-rate death (with awful vocals), but boy was i wrong!

what i don't like, however, is the crappy packaging: just one sheet with karmageddon's story on it, no lyrics, pictures whatsoever. even the cover is just black with "chuck schuldiner" printed on it. seems like karmageddon is just out to make a quick buck - they charge a full album price for what looks like a bootleg.

the first 4 tracks are recorded like junk - at least how this company released them. the songs are pretty good... kind of redundant in strucuture repetition throughout the individual songs but im sure would be cool with vocals.