What do you think of Dragonlord

goddeth

New Metal Member
Apr 25, 2002
Visit site
Hi everybody!

Just want to now your guyz opinion about Dragonlord's Rapture album. I recently bought it and now listening. The idea was to hear some cool bass parts out there, but unfortunately can't find them... Steve, if you're reading this, could you tell if you like it?

Another pity is it is too Dimmu Borgir-ish.. Right? Looks like american guyz wanted to play norwegian black metal. Sounds like a pale copy of those norwegian nuts. Well, something from Cradle like screams and stuff.

What do you think about it? Please correct me if I'm wrong. Hope you know better... Disappointment...

Igor

:headbang: I think it's awesome. Sure it's not Steve's best work, but I don't think the songs required a "Full-on Bass Attack !", so to speak. I think Steve did only what was necessary for the songs.
Just because he's not playing a million notes, doesn't mean it's not "good" playing. Remember, the bass players most important job is to keep the bottom end down and to lock with the drummer so the band doesn't fall apart....Keep Thrashin' :headbang:

Well guyz, my point here is not to get bass job done whatever it is... Surely Steve did it great. Please don't get me wrong. I'm sure Steve was just asked to play some stuff and there is no difference for musician what music to play. Probably I expected some specific Steve's input to Rapture, maybe some freaky fusion 7finger style:)

And I wanted to ask you if you like that Eric's approach to BM. In general it sounds like another trend BM band... This is the worst thing if Eric says 'we can play BM too'. God bless they didn't put coprsepaint:) I would be very upset by seeing Steve in this way.

Gonna listen to Dragonlord more....

Originally posted by goddeth
Well guyz, my point here is not to get bass job done whatever it is... Surely Steve did it great. Please don't get me wrong. I'm sure Steve was just asked to play some stuff and there is no difference for musician what music to play. Probably I expected some specific Steve's input to Rapture, maybe some freaky fusion 7finger style:)

And I wanted to ask you if you like that Eric's approach to BM. In general it sounds like another trend BM band... This is the worst thing if Eric says 'we can play BM too'. God bless they didn't put coprsepaint:) I would be very upset by seeing Steve in this way.

Gonna listen to Dragonlord more....

Does it matter if it's a trend or not? Just listen to it, if you like it, you like it, if you don't, you don't. It's as simple as that.

If you start to dislike stuff on the only merit that it's trendy, then you're on the same pathetic level as the people who hop on every trend they see.

Originally posted by Haunted/Hated
Does it matter if it's a trend or not? Just listen to it, if you like it, you like it, if you don't, you don't. It's as simple as that.

If you start to dislike stuff on the only merit that it's trendy, then you're on the same pathetic level as the people who hop on every trend they see.

bravo! well said.