What do you think of Jordan Rudess.

I think he's amazing. I could never do what he does on stage; pianists have amazing memories, especially doing complex music.

I thought it was about Michael Jordan's Rudeness. I was gonna say he seems like a nice guy, at least for the popularity he has.

Misanthrope ( gotta stop fast reading thread titles )

I've seen Dream Theater four times with Jordan, and I was at the Petrucci/Rudess solo gig in Nyack, NY. I also got to talk to him once and get his autograph and a picture, he's a really nice guy. I have alot of respect for him as a musician. He is technically perfect, and it's amazing to watch him play. But, imho, he does overplay sometimes, and I'm not crazy about his solos and choice of sounds. I prefer Kevin Moore. Chroma Key rules.

Originally posted by JesusChristPose
Jodan Rudess made a great band even better.

Damn, he is good.

I agree with this and hopefully they will replace LaBrie real soon! I didn't care for his solo disc either.

Well he and the dude from Children of Bodom are the best keyboardists you're going to find in metal, or prog. But as a classical pianist he isn't extraordinary. I'd like to hear him play something besides the prog stuff, to judge him better.

its amazing that all the guys in DT are just about the best in their field. i loooooove john petrucci, i havent heard many guitarists better. but, then again, i havent heard many guitarists lol