What do you think of Mattias Sammet and his fuckin' projects?

loWildChild

Haistakaapa vittu!
Nov 23, 2001
Göteborg
www.scythes-of-bodom.tk
Personally I dont like him too much. I did not hear too much cause the stuff I heard its not so kiking ass for me... But I have a friend (loCesar) that loves EdGuy and Avantasia. He is not a metalhead, but he likes some metal bands. Altough he says He also said Sammet its not so popular (He said Alexi Laiho is not popular too... then I told him that Laiho is one of the best guitars for all metalheads...). Okay, what do you think of EdGuy and Avantasia, and also Sammet as vocalist? I give them a 5 over 10 in general:

-EdGuy --> 5 over 10
-Avantasia --> X over 10 (I didnt heared yet)
-Sammet as vocalist --> 6.5 (I preffer too many others. My fav vocalist its, perhaps, the Metalium one)

:)

Just a slight detail, his name is Tobias, not Mattias ;)

I will answer this later, I have to go feed Sinergy..

Originally posted by DeadWinterDead
Yeah, I was about to say the same thing, his name is Tobias.

I like Edguy, actually I love Edguy! But I still haven't heard enough of Avantasia to get a full feel for it, but they're good from the songs I've listened to.

Give a note. And... do you think that Alexi Laiho its unknown, as my friend said? Of course I think no!!!

Edguy's a superb band...if you're into that sort of thing. You'd have to love Iron Maiden and the overall power metal style to dig them. Personally, I love them, but they're not everyone's cup of tea, of course.

Avantasia is also probably the best album released with Tobias involved. Not an Edguy disc, but the best IMO. It's got tons of guest stars from similar bands (i.e. David Defeis from Virgin Steele)...be prepared for a full cheese storyline though.

Lastly, Tobias a 6.5 vocalist? As compared to who? With a frame of reference, I could discuss...

Originally posted by loWildChild
6.5 compared with the Metalium one, for example. Im not saying this one is better, only giving my opinion. Cause I dont like to much the Sammet's STYLE :)

Hmmm, I've only heard 1 Metallium album, and I liked it quite a bit, but the vocalist doesn't stand out in my head at the moment...

hail people...

Avantasia project is fantastic... much better then Edguy... To me this project is perfect... the best album recorded with Sammet...

I like Edguy to but sometimes the Sammet's vocals are boring.

Avantasia : 10
Edguy 6
Sammet 7

WHAT??? :eek: :confused:
Anyway: Call me what you will. From now on we are enemies...You and I. :mad:

Actually I used to like Edgay, Sonata Arctica and all this Power Metal stuff some years ago but on one day it became too boring for me. I have the Avangaysia album on CDR since one year but I never listened to it and I don't think that I ever will.

thats very right that power metal ends to sound all the same. and theres many better power metal bands out there
than edguy (iron maiden , blind guardian for exemple) sammet is not the best vocalist either but still avantasia is good.

Do you call Maiden Power Metal? Well, I don't know but I think Power Metal defines itself with lots of double bass parts and happy melodies. In Maiden there are every now and then some nice happy melodies but Maiden is much more progressive and... It's hard to describe, but I wouldn't call them Power Metal.