What do you think of this 5150 tone?

Awesome. I'm still stuck on the mids thing, so one last follow-up question! How is the mic positioned relative to the speaker? It looked fairly close to the grill cloth the last time around, and almost close to dead center.

In the room the tone must've surely sounded extremely mid-heavy? I find the mid knob on the 6505 stops being usable after about '1' in most cases.

above 1? what? I can push mine up to 4 and still have it sounding pretty damn good, (and that's for rhythm, not solos) Lowest I'd scoop it to would probably be 2.

I do play in low tunings though and think a slightly more middy sound works better for super low stuff...

I actually listened to the newer Acacia Strain album as a reference before mixing this down, and i realized how bad that mix is. Zuess' stuff just doesnt impress me like it use to:erk:

ah, i'm glad i'm not the only one that thought this! i was really not impressed with the guitar sound, and the samey double tracked vocals, in continent. the dead walk was such a better sounding album!

thanks,

Sounds awesome dude! Do you offer reamping? You fucking should, because I'm sure people would love to have a sound like this!

I do, but my amp selection right now is pretty crap haha. Just a 5150 and a Genz Benz El Diablo. I'll be getting some new heads soon!

Awesome. I'm still stuck on the mids thing, so one last follow-up question! How is the mic positioned relative to the speaker? It looked fairly close to the grill cloth the last time around, and almost close to dead center.

In the room the tone must've surely sounded extremely mid-heavy? I find the mid knob on the 6505 stops being usable after about '1' in most cases.

the sm57 is about 20% on the cone and on the outside left edge of the bottom left speaker. The mic is about 2 inches from the grill

Also, keep in mind i have the mid scoop on the eq of the guitar bus. It's actually way more of a scoop than i though. -5.8db with a 6.4q on 550hz

Crazy good. Damnnnn...

Vocals sound good as FUCK... LOVE when those doubles come in 'WILL I SEE YOUR FACE'.

Is that one take duped and shifted or an actual double panned left and right?

Thanks! This is my first band to track in my new vocal booth:)
That part is actually triple tracked. 1 panned 100% left at -4 db, 1 panned center at -2.5db, and 1 panned 100% right at -4db

Yeah, they do. Wanna share any info on the vocal chain, Brian?

Stedman pop filter to AT4040 to API A2D. Then gate, compressor, de esser, and high pass.

the sm57 is about 20% on the cone and on the outside left edge of the bottom left speaker. The mic is about 2 inches from the grill

Also, keep in mind i have the mid scoop on the eq of the guitar bus. It's actually way more of a scoop than i though. -5.8db with a 6.4q on 550hz

Thanks, that actually makes perfect sense. The 5150 honks out rather hard right at 500 whenever the mid knob goes any decent way up.

Was wondering what sort of mic position miracle you pulled to swing such a smooth tone from that setting!

Thanks, that actually makes perfect sense. The 5150 honks out rather hard right at 500 whenever the mid knob goes any decent way up.

Was wondering what sort of mic position miracle you pulled to swing such a smooth tone from that setting!

It actaully was kind of a miracle. I moved my cab to a new spot in that room so i could leave it set up at all times and never have to move the cab or mic, and i just kind of put the mic where i thought it would sound best. One try and it was perfect(for what i was going for). i dont plan on moving it for a while haha

ok, i'm fucking sick of not having one of these things

*shops for 5150's*

when my wife goes to chop off my nuts, i'm gonna play this clip for her, and lay the blame squarely on you

The other guitarist in my band just got a 5150II and we cant get it to sound good at all

I was starting to hate 5150's till i heard this, good job man.

what amp settings and cab were you using?

Not to derail anything but I can't imagine running my mids that low on a 5150. I can never bring them lower than 4, but then again thats a live setting. Either or I trust what you are saying bc your tones always slay.

As for brian's tone........eh I guess its ok.

Kidding, its as Jeff said REDONKULOUS!

this is soooo good!!

you mind telling me what you are using on the drums (particularly the snare and kick) to get that huge thick warm splatty attack and fullness? i have been trying to figure this out for so long now.

this tone is sick!

I don't get why people are hating on 5150s before hearing this because i have a 6505+ and i have been getting amazing tones out of it for the longest time!

What would you guys suggest for a great bass sound with Pod farm
and what chain should i run it through?
and What's the chain like for guitars with pod farm?

But again this tone is incredible, I can believe you scoop the mids though, i keep my mids high i guess you can say

this tone is sick!

I don't get why people are hating on 5150s before hearing this because i have a 6505+ and i have been getting amazing tones out of it for the longest time!

But again this tone is incredible, I can believe you scoop the mids though, i keep my mids high i guess you can say

Do you have Down syndrome? :confused:

this tone is sick!

try searching man theres plenty of pod threads, this isnt really the thread for this question.